suprio23

Recruit
proccy-e8400
ram-4gb ddr2 800mhz
cabby-zebronics antibiotic
smps-500w
hdd-320gb
nw the thing is that i m confused abt the mobo and monitor
1.which mobo shud i switch 4 the best performance(i want the bit to bit performance of e8400).also to remind u i will not overclock
i want to extract performance frm the original motherboard

i will later upgrade to a nice graphic card bt not nw!!

2.i m confused abt chosing the monitor.
i will take a 19"lcd monitor.
but which brand shud i switch 4??
it must have high contrast ratio.
shud i go 4 widescreen or sqaure??
plssssssssssss help me out frm this den

What is your budget? Do you want a m/b with onboard graphics? or will you invest in a low end card for now?

for 19" monitor go for a widescreen and all the brands are pretty good. DELL 19" are highly recommended by many members on this forum.

my budget is around 8k!!!
if available,i want onboard graphics
i m really confused with the follwing boards
1.asus p5q
2.msi k6ngm-fih

which one of the above shud give the rattling performance with e8400??
how s the graphics of geforce 7150/nforce630i(2nd mobo)??

does g31 chipset hav better graphics than the nvidia geforce mentioned above??

plssssssssssss help me

how msi p45 neo will perform with e8400??
which will be better??
msi p45 neo or asus p5q withe intel c2d e8400??
i want performance and nothing else

does nvidia chipset performs well??
if yes,then which model no. will perfrom the best with e8400??

in the previous psot i have said my budget

so sort it in that way

@ 8K for mobo? then Asus P5Q is the best for E8400.... but keep in mind that u need a display card to run the PC as P45 doesn't have onboard GPU... I suggest u to buy any cheap 7 or 8 series nvidia graphics card for now and then upgrade to a better one with a adequate PSU...

though MSI P45 Neo is good but not as good as ASUS P5Q, check TE Reviews

plz note that on-board graphics for Intel Platform not very good as AMD like AMD 780 series or nvidia 8300 series... but for true performance i never choose any motherbaord with onboard

if u need raw performance from E8400 then u must choose chipsets like P45 or X38/X48.... also nvidia 750sli chip is good and also fit within ur budget...

frankly P45 with E8400 is a killer combination

Edit: ohhhhhh... i missed that u said u dont wanna oc... then u can go for any onboard like u said earlier nvidia 7150 ... better than Intel G3X series....

Get yourself a Biostar P43+8600GT 256MB GDDR3 should be within 8k.

Also if your are more into games and look for more FPS go for square and if you want more of a multi-purpose thing I would recommend a wide screen.

I would suggest a AOC 917W

Go for Gigabyte G31 board for 2.75k + Xpert 9600GT for 5.75k.

Total 8.5k. Much better performance than anything else.

^^ What is he going to do with all those features ? If he had plans to overclock, then it would have been a good suggestion.

sorry to post it here..but even im upgrading to e8400 in october..budget for CPU + mobo is arnd 12k max... e8400 costing arnd 8K ...i would like to get a suggestion for a good mobo arnd 3k or 4k...im not into overclocking , i wont be doing any overclocks, NO SLI / CF needed ..just a low end mobo which can get the max out of the e8400 @ stock ... and if possible 3 memory slots?:D

xtr.pwnzor said:
Thanks...will look into the Biostar P35 as well as GIGABYTE G31..are these available locally @ ahmedabad

Don't know....but r u from Ahmedabad??.... I could ask my dealer if he has those.....

Back