CPU/Mobo best mobo + processor in 9k?

voltas

Disciple
building a budget PC for a friend,

Need some help in deciding the platform (Intel or AMD)

and the best possible option for motherboard and processor.

PC will be used by his folks, so no overclocking n stuff.

Gigabyte G31M ES2L (2,400)+E5200/E7400(3500,5500) = 6/8k
If you have a budget of 12k or so go for Phenom II 720 x3 BE.

"PC will be used by his folds" < didn't understand this part... primary use of computer?

udayrulz said:
First of all OP's budget is 9k , also please tell me how this is best bang for buck ?

of course i can always tell him a proccy + motherboard within 9k.

1. 720BE is the best <8k proccy for gamers and its futureproof.
2.790gx has Igp and is a gr8 overclocker.

since he hasnt told wht he intends to do, he can either do a gpu upgrade to game or just use it at stock speed with igp.(which is not exactly i would do)

Gowt1ham said:

since he hasnt told wht he intends to do, he can either do a gpu upgrade to game or just use it at stock speed with igp.(which is not exactly i would do)
Mannn! the guy is asking for (mobo + cpu) within Rs 9k budget

Gowt1ham said:

there is no such thing as future proof dude.. unless you are buying a core i7 which will probably be obsolete in another 2-3 years as well..

btw any decent graphics card can beat the on-board hd3300 in the 790gx mobo.

to the op, my suggestion is to go with a E7400 + Gigabyte g31m-es2l

if you want amd only, go with phenom 710 + asus m2n68-am.

i am thinking about going for 790gx mobo + Athlon 64 X2 7750+,

i think, this has enough juice to satisfy windows 7.

so, guys help me find the cheapest 790gx mobo,

n one more thing, Does the performance difference bw 780g n 790gx justify the price differnce??

Your friend's folks dont need that kinda power trust me. Windows 7 is not heavier than Vista, in fact smoother. So get Giga G31 and E55200, with transcend "P" powerchips. OC and give it to them. Even if after some days OC fails for some reason u dont need to worry and GIGA BIOS will switch back to normal settings. No need to buy dedicated gpu as giga G31 onboard will suffice. Man i don understand why u started this thread when you already had 7750 etc in mind :lol:

voltas said:
i am thinking about going for 790gx mobo + Athlon 64 X2 7750+,

i think, this has enough juice to satisfy windows 7.

so, guys help me find the cheapest 790gx mobo,

n one more thing, Does the performance difference bw 780g n 790gx justify the price differnce??

Rockfella said:
Man i don understand why u started this thread when you already had 7750 etc in mind :lol:

This is known as CONSULTING,
its not like i have already brought it. nyways thank you for your help, n pls try to avoid your BS next time, while helping.

Please dont mind if i butt in and ask a small question of my own...
my friend wants something in the same range....
he is going for a 4830..
suggestions??

^^E7200/300+ G31/P35 based motherboard. 10k~11k
or

Phenom X3 + Biostar 790gx ~11.5k
or

Q9650 +780 motherboard from gigabyte to cut costs. ~10k---------------> I mean Phenom I 9650 + 780g motherboard from any brand.

Why not spend 1.5k more and go for 4850 sonic edition? 4830 is still a good choice.

Q9650 +780 motherboard from gigabyte to cut costs. ~10k

Is it a hybrib from both Intel and AMD :lol:? Or you are referring to nvidia 780i ? BTW Q9650 will only cost you more than 15k .. add to that nvidia premium offering are also on the high side.. from where did you get that quote ? :O

Back