CPU/Mobo BEST motherboard under 5-6K

blackheart

Disciple
hi guys i want to upgrade my system but i am very confused about which motherboard to buy.

there are so many chipsets out there and it is very confusing for me to make a decision

so your help will be highly appreciated.

intel, amd is not an issue for me any one of them will do i just want best motherboard under 5-6k. i will take the processor accordingly

it dosnt matter if the board has onboard video or not.

gys plz help bcoz i m very confused

You are going about it the wrong way. First tell us your current rig specs. What all you need to upgrade? Whats your budget?

zhopudey said:
You are going about it the wrong way. First tell us your current rig specs. What all you need to upgrade? Whats your budget?

i currently have a A8Ne + amd 3000 64 bit

i want to buy

motherboard (5-6k)

processor (3-4k)

ram 1gb (ddr2)

and 8600gt

the only main problem is the motherboard

i cannot decide which motherboard to buy

sp guys i need u r suggestione plzzzz help

BUY

1)processor (3-4k) = E2140, E2160, E2180 = 3.5 - 3.8k

2)motherboard (5-6k) = abit ip35-e/ xfx650i = 6k/5k

3)ram 1gb (ddr2) = transcend/kingston ddr2 667 = 1.2k/1.35k

4)8600gt = galaxy 8600gt oc 512mb = 6.2k

Since AMD or intel does not make a difference, perhaps you should look at the total price of the combo CPU+MOBO and maybe even the GPU, since AMD has some very nice onboard Graphic solutions, of course not quite the equivalent of independent new GPU cards, but very workable for those on a budget, for ~ 6k you can get away with a decent MOBO+CPU+GPU

keep in mind that the abit which is being recommended here is not for a locally sold piece.. as in.. afaik... the official rates for the Abit IP-35E hover around 7-8k

The XFX 650i and the Galaxy 650i are h0wever locally avl.. the XFX costs arnd 4.8-5k... while the Galaxy can be purchased for 4.4-4.7k...

sTALKEr said:
keep in mind that the abit which is being recommended here is not for a locally sold piece.. as in.. afaik... the official rates for the Abit IP-35E hover around 7-8k
The XFX 650i and the Galaxy 650i are h0wever locally avl.. the XFX costs arnd 4.8-5k... while the Galaxy can be purchased for 4.4-4.7k...

hi stalker so from where can i get a Abit board , and will i get the warranty also

plz reply

and in case i dnt get the Abit board which is the second best choice

is the XFX 650i ultra a good board ??????????

how much is the performance difference between the XFX and the Abit board

it dosnt matter if it is a INTEL or AMD i just want the best board under 6K

and i will be buying a graphics card (8600 gt)so onboard video is not an issue

i will be using the system for gaming .

*gys plz tell me where in lamington road can i get this board (abit IP-35 E)

at what price and in which shop.

*and if for some reason i am not able to get this board then which board should i consider. what other options do i have

*the XFX 650i ultra is it a good board?????????????

*and the processors from intel named " E2140, E2160, E2180 " are this DUAL CORE " processors?????????

*which one shld i take???????????

gys plz help me out !!!!!!!!!!!

waiting for u r suggestion thnks in advance

The abit is 7.2k with warranty AFAIK.

650i boards are 4-5k

E2XXX series are all dualcore procs. Same architecture as teh Core2Duos but only difference is these have only 1Mb L2 cache. Get the 2140 for VFM. can easily OC to >2Ghz from 1.6Ghz.

techie_007 said:
The abit is 7.2k with warranty AFAIK.

650i boards are 4-5k

E2XXX series are all dualcore procs. Same architecture as teh Core2Duos but only difference is these have only 1Mb L2 cache. Get the 2140 for VFM. can easily OC to >2Ghz from 1.6Ghz.

thanks to u all guys for replying soooooooo fasstttttttt.

I will be going for the 650i board (the ABIT board is out of ma budget)

* which board shld i go for the XFX 650i ultra or the

ASUS P5N-E SLI (650i SLI)
which one is better (with respect to performance,service)

*do u have any idea abt the XFX service?????????

* the asus service is very good

Back