CPU/Mobo BEST motherboard under 5-6K

techcheat said:
^^From where? Do we have to source it from US you mean.... or someone in India selling smuggled mobos without b&w, please clarify!
Its with bill, and for warranty it will be shipped to the US at your cost, turn around time is about 3-4 weeks, same as in India.

the initials KMD ring a bell ?

thank u gys for posting fast replies!!!!!!!!

u r doing a gr8 wrk keep it up

tday i went to lamington road i was quoted the following price

ASUS P5N-E SLI @ prime - arnd 7K

XFX 650i ultra @ prime- 48XX

the asus board is out of budget so i will be going with the XFX board

the only problem is that i am not able to decide which processor to go for

the C2D E4400 @ prime for arnd - 5300

and the E2140 @prime for arnd -2600

so gys which processor shld i go for????????

how much is the performance diff between this 2 processors???????

bcoz the diffrence in price is very huge how much is the diffrence performance wise???????

gys waiting for u r valuable suggestions

thnks in advance

I said it earlier, say it again.... do not buy a 650i Ultra board. Get one on the P35 chipset. When one can get a Biostar TP35AD2 for 4500 bucks, why blow money on anything else.

I got a Pentium 2140 and that board yesterday. Its doing 3.2 GHz... thats a 100% overclock on stock cooler. Shall post details etc later.

Biggest reason... half of them die sooner or later. One third are dead on arrival. the chipset is buggy... doesnt feel as stable as an intel chipset under heavy overclocking. On my 680i, I must disable TM to overclock which is dangerous.

I can go on and on.... nvidia chipsets still need a lot to catch up with the refinement of intel chipsets. If you need SLI, then nvidia is the only option. If not, I'd take an intel chipset with eyes closed.

blackheart said:
hi guys i want to upgrade my system but i am very confused about which motherboard to buy.
there are so many chipsets out there and it is very confusing for me to make a decision
so your help will be highly appreciated.
intel, amd is not an issue for me any one of them will do i just want best motherboard under 5-6k. i will take the processor accordingly
it dosnt matter if the board has onboard video or not.
gys plz help bcoz i m very confused
zhopudey said:
You are going about it the wrong way. First tell us your current rig specs. What all you need to upgrade? Whats your budget?
blackheart- What do you plan to do with your pc- i mean what do you usually use your pc for? :bleh:
Do you plan to overclock or run the new rig at stock? :huh:
Suggestions vary accordingly. :cool2:

Chaos said:
I said it earlier, say it again.... do not buy a 650i Ultra board. Get one on the P35 chipset. When one can get a Biostar TP35AD2 for 4500 bucks, why blow money on anything else.
I got a Pentium 2140 and that board yesterday. Its doing 3.2 GHz... thats a 100% overclock on stock cooler. Shall post details etc later.
I second, third, ... totally.
Dunno about the 4.5K price Supra managed to pull off- but in Mumbai its no less than 5.5k almost everywhere and has a minimum waiting period of 3days.:(
When one can buy a good OCer mobo with a futureproof P35 chipset and local warranty, why spend more on anything else. :S
For extreme OCers interested in Benching at extremely high OC, the Abit IP35E at 7k odd maybe better.
But for a regular user, the Biostar P35 is the new OC king and rightfully dislodges the XFX650i whose newer batches are quite buggy. :)
The only advantage the 650i mobo had was it could run memory unlinked thus preventing value RAM from limiting your cpu OC.
But new XFX stocks were very buggy and many had to buy the Assus P5NE SLi in place.

^^I bought one yesterday.... 4.5k the same price with ready delivery. Also value 800MHz transcend is just 1500 bucks now for a gig.

biostar aint avl in mumbai for another week atleast..

thats except if ur ready to fork out some 5.8-6.5k... dont be shocked.. but this is what some dealers at lamington are quoting for it.. i had got in touch wid the guys at abacus here and they told me that they can get it for 4.6k.. BUT it'll take anther week.. coz there aint any stocks here right now and tht they need to get the stuff from the manufacturer...

IMO, they are just sitting on their stocks and hiking up the rates to make Bakras out of all.
Something marwari businessmen are very good at- sitting on stovcks and letting rates inflate.
They just couldn't digest the low rates.

I think i was better off ordering it from Chennai for 5.1K shipped. :(
I hope my friend gets his mobo by tonight or tomorrow morn at the latest.

Else i will have to request someone to ship me one from Bangalore. :p
(suddenly all my Bangalore pals/contacts on msn have gone offline. :O :rofl:)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
blackheart- What do you plan to do with your pc- i mean what do you usually use your pc for? :bleh:
Do you plan to overclock or run the new rig at stock? :huh:
Suggestions vary accordingly. :cool2:

i plan to use the system mostly for gaming , music , movies etc

i also want to install LINU/UNIX on the system

i am not that much into overclocking. infact i have never overclocked a system before

but i plan to overclock this system (but to a very less extent)

Chaos said:
Biggest reason... half of them die sooner or later. One third are dead on arrival. the chipset is buggy... doesnt feel as stable as an intel chipset under heavy overclocking. On my 680i, I must disable TM to overclock which is dangerous.

I can go on and on.... nvidia chipsets still need a lot to catch up with the refinement of intel chipsets. If you need SLI, then nvidia is the only option. If not, I'd take an intel chipset with eyes closed.

hi chaos can u plz explain to me in detail what do u mean by "the chipset is buggy."

actually i had made up my mind to by this motherboard but after reading your comments i am not able to decide .

u said that the board is not stable under heavy overclocking
but i am not that into overclocking

is this the only problem with board or are there any other problems ?????????

plz let me know .

and what is u r opinion on this board GB P35 DS3L and GB P35 DS3R

they are available on newegg.com for arnd 110 & 130 $ resp

gys plz help me out

the board is DOA yes heard that from many ppl !

But

"the chipset is buggy." well never heard of that b4 ????

i dont think it may be any buggy ... i am gona take it in november.

p.s. im not a overclocker

yes its tru, the batch of XFX650i available currently are very buggy. i have heard of cases of DOA as well... some die for no apparent reason too :S :S

Back