CPU/Mobo Best OC motherboard with 4790K

Prosenjit

Disciple
I need help in buying/building a new PC. My budget and requirements are as follows:
  • Budget: 20K (+/- 2K).
  • Existing hardware setup: 4790K.
  • Components from the existing setup that you intend to keep: Dominator Platinum 16GB 1866 MHz, 256GB SSD.
  • Components that you have in mind for your new PC: Motherboard comparable to MVF.
  • Plans to upgrade in the future: Yes
  • Places from where you will buy components along with your location: Anywhere.
  • Are you comfortable with buying secondhand components from the market? : Yes.
  • Intended use of the PC [gaming/office use/rendering/HD playback etc] : Extreme calculation.
  • Brand preferences: ASUS
  • Monitor resolution and size: 22" 1080p.
  • Will you be overclocking your setup?: OC is the Main use.
  • Which OS will you use?: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Linux Mint.
Previously I had 3770K with Maximus V Formula. I had run my 3770K at 4.5GHz for 24/7 and 2.5 Years. I never faced any error or instability.
I need help to buy one motherboard which is comparable to my previous MVF. But this generation Maximus VII Formula is over priced. So I need help to buy this board in the range of 20K (+/- 2K).

Last edited:
Well, why dont you just buy the MVF if you already like it. Let me tell you, there are very few boards that have the software and hardware to match up to the RoG series of motherboards.

After using a RoG board for the last 3-4 builds that I have done, I went for the ASrock Z77 OC Formula. Its a great board with a whole lot of overclocking options and I run a 48 Ghz OC on my 3570K as a daily driver.

Having said that, the software is a distant second to Asus's implementation and I would buy another motherboard only if I didnt have the budget for a RoG.

Back