Best Personal Reminder Application?

I tend to forget TONS of things so I wanted a simple and easy to use personal reminder software for windows. Can anyone suggest me one? It should be simple as I don't want it to do hell of tasks. Just pop-up a reminder window - simple! Would be good if it has nice GUI :eek:hyeah:

Will you be in front of your pc at all times ? :hap5:

Try and get organised with a decent PIM on a phone.

Any Nokia phone is good enough for reminders.

Windows phones are even better !

You can use the To-Do function or set Calendar Appointments as reminders !

But if you still insist on Windows Pc based apps, Ms Outlook ain't bad.

It syncs with your gmail calendar too !

rajshah said:
Will you be in front of your pc at all times ? :hap5:

Yup. When I am not on it, I am out doing those 'to-do-list' tasks! :eek:hyeah: So yes, I am almost all the time on or nearby PC!

rajshah said:
But if you still insist on Windows Pc based apps, Ms Outlook ain't bad.
It syncs with your gmail calendar too !

Dude that way too simple! Just a calender isn't enough! I will be more descriptive. It should do the following things:

1. Pop-up window of the reminder in front of all windows/apps
2. Play a sound

I guess EVERY reminder software will have this. Can you suggest something like that?

I used to use PIMEX long back. Then moved on to google products and now my mobile.

PIMEX is a pretty nice tool, not free though.

amol_cool said:
Dude that way too simple! Just a calender isn't enough! I will be more descriptive. It should do the following things:

1. Pop-up window of the reminder in front of all windows/apps

2. Play a sound

I guess EVERY reminder software will have this. Can you suggest something like that?

Eh?

Outlook (ANY Version) has this feature 1 & 2 and much much more, go use it.

There is a reason why Outlook is so popular, its because its extremely powerful!

Cheers!

I use stickies on Windows 7. I thought of using my WM phone but I learnt that adding tasks to your phone can be a pain if you have loooooads of things to do... :bleh:

axeman said:
Eh?

Outlook (ANY Version) has this feature 1 & 2 and much much more, go use it.

There is a reason why Outlook is so popular, its because its extremely powerful!

Cheers!

Hell man I really to start using Outlook now! Never ever used it till now :( Thanks a lot :)

cyberjunkie said:
I use stickies on Windows 7

Well you would still have to take a sneak peek at your desktop for that ;)

+1 for Outlook Calendar feature. Works great for all time related tasks.

If there is just a todo list unrelated to time the stickies work best. But simpler still is to just have a notepad file opne all the time with your ToDo updated list.

My suggestion is to go with a combination of Outlook (for time bound tasks) and a simple notepad file for non-timebound tasks.

Back