Budget 10-15K Best Phone around 10k ?

I need a good secondary phone that would last, preferrably around 10 k ! as I dont want to overspend. Idea is for phone to be reliable and if okay be usable few years as secondary phone and if possible be able to to bootloader unlocked easily if needed to run custom rom etc in future !

I am looking at to be launched poco m3 with 6gb ram ? Is that a good idea ? I love audio so good speakers, 3.5 mm jack , fm and hi-res music support ( how good is that on poco devices btw) ? Also how easy / hard is to root poco devices etc ?

Any other suggestions at similar price ? I generally havent ever bought a chinese brand phone before so wasnt sure , other options are nokia moto obviously ! Any other suggestions ?

Which one did you buy?
Got Poco M3 on sale yesterday , was delivered today. So far pretty impressed , runs reasonably smooth on 6gb Ram . Was delivered only couple of hours ago so didnt test much !

As much as a like the hardware ( for the price ), amount of bloatware they have put it is amazing I think my device came with 19gb filled and bunch of games streaming services etc. Debloated as much as I could using xiaomiadbfastbootTools.

Also along with decent speakers , it has dual sim + sd slot , reverse charging and IR sensor so for price paid I feel its a good device as a cheap secondary phone to lie around in home ( heck can use it as universal remote , power bank , secondary media device , or for fm radio) !

Havent put sim in it yet , so will try call quality etc tomorrow. Stock camera seems avg but I think a decent gcam can make it reasonably respectable .

I have only tried phone for an hour or two for now for what its worth so take my opinion with a grain of salt .

Last edited:
Got Poco M3 on sale yesterday , was delivered today. So far pretty impressed , runs reasonably smooth on 6gb Ram . Was delivered only couple of hours ago so didnt test much !

As much as a like the hardware ( for the price ), amount of bloatware they have put it is amazing I think my device came with 19gb filled and bunch of games streaming services etc. Debloated as much as I could using xiaomiadbfastbootTools.

Also along with decent speakers , it has dual sim + sd slot , reverse charging and IR sensor so for price paid I feel its a good device as a cheap secondary phone to lie around in home ( heck can use it as universal remote , power bank , secondary media device , or for fm radio) !

Havent put sim in it yet , so will try call quality etc tomorrow. Stock camera seems avg but I think a decent gcam can make it reasonably respectable .

I have only tried phone for an hour or two for now for what its worth so take my opinion with a grain of salt .
Their os is meh.

Their os is meh.
disgustingly bad, didnt like os at all. I prefer stock android and I dont think I would recommend poco to some who doesnt want to tinker , willing to uninstall or even install custom rom etc later on.

but hardware is great for price imo and since I dont mind tinkering, using adb etc its a good device for me esp because I use IR sensor and reverse charging quite a bit.

Anyway, I think same applies to most poco devices i gear esp poco x3 especially , great hardware if you are willing to tinker !

disgustingly bad, didnt like os at all. I prefer stock android and I dont think I would recommend poco to some who doesnt want to tinker , willing to uninstall or even install custom rom etc later on.

but hardware is great for price imo and since I dont mind tinkering, using adb etc its a good device for me esp because I use IR sensor and reverse charging quite a bit.

Anyway, I think same applies to most poco devices i gear esp poco x3 especially , great hardware if you are willing to tinker !
Need it for someone who won't have time for custom roms. Just remembered since you mentioned it, is there any stock phone with IR sensor if the budget is increased to 15k?

Need it for someone who won't have time for custom roms. Just remembered since you mentioned it, is there any stock phone with IR sensor if the budget is increased to 15k?
Its not that bad its usable tbh but at first u will need to disable some adds and stuff, but even if you dont do that or if you don't care about that you can use it as is I suppose ! But I didn't like it. Lots of people do use stock miui though just fine !

And I don't think anyone else makes modern phones with Ir sensor now sadly except xiaomi and its subbrands like poco redmi etc

Its not that bad its usable tbh but at first u will need to disable some adds and stuff, but even if you dont do that or if you don't care about that you can use it as is I suppose ! But I didn't like it. Lots of people do use stock miui though just fine !

And I don't think anyone else makes modern phones with Ir sensor now sadly except xiaomi and its subbrands like poco redmi etc
And how much do their lower priced phones cost with ir sensors if only xiaomi is the selected brand? And if a custom rom is installed in one of it's phone they does the phone need a full format even for installing patches etc.? No major os upgrade will be required just a stock stable one.

And how much do their lower priced phones cost with ir sensors if only xiaomi is the selected brand? And if a custom rom is installed in one of it's phone they does the phone need a full format even for installing patches etc.? No major os upgrade will be required just a stock stable one.
not sure you will need to check but this is the list of phones with IR sensor since 2019 https://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2019&chkInfrared=selected

I am not sure if sensors work on custom roms etc depends on rom , they work mostly on stock based roms i think? etc but not worth it if someone else needs to use it imo. For now I am using debloated miui ( as its ne wphoen so no custom roms) and its fine for now .

Imo dont overthink if its for basic use for someone and privacy isnt huge issue phone is fine and it runs fine enough with 6gb ram, you can maybe help them debloat a bit but even without thats its okay for an avg user. OR just pick a phone without Ir sensor !

maybe some other users of poco / xiomi / redmi can chime in !

I bought a used iPhone 7 for that price last year as a secondary phone and if you can overlook the slightly bad battery and the inability to install custom roms then it's a very reliable phone overall.

Back