Best place to buy online??(digicams,slrs, ipods e.t.c)

abione1

Disciple
hey guys which is the best place:clapping: to buy slrs, lenses, camcoders, camera accessories( tripods, bags, flashguns e.t.c)
please don't say E-bay.:Comp3:
looking for something safe and sound like
Prime AbGb is for comptuter hardware??:batman:
anyone purchased from smartshoppers.in??:huh:
if yes how was the experience??:O

Re: beast place to buy online??(digicams,slrs, ipods e.t.c)

Smartshoppers is a good place with a very responsive customer care. Ebay is good too, as long as you buy from reputed sellers with near perfect positive feedback. That said, there is no such thing as a best place. Each site has its pros and cons, and sometimes even the so-called best site can slip-up.

P.S: Go easy on the smilies.

smartshoppers.in is a good site to buy stuff online with competitive prices. I also came across theitdepot.com, but don't how reliable they are. Both are based out of Chennai.

both smartshoppers and theitdepot are reliable and good places to buy stuff. Smartshoppers are better at camera/accessories etc. Itdepot are little pricey than others thats all. I have used both of them for buying equipment. Smartshoppers is definitely the place to consider if ur looking for DSLR, accessories, etc.

Stay away from Smartshoppers.in

If you are buying popular items like DSLRs and common lenses it should be fine.

However there have been far too many cases where a person has paid money for the item only to find out its out of stock. And their refunds are given rather slowly.

In a more serious scenario I have heard of two people who have received the wrong item than what was shown in the listing.

While smartshoppers agreed to replace the item both people had to pay to ship the old item back to smartshoppers.in

So in light of the above issues I would suggest you avoid them till they improve their service.

Back