PC Peripherals Best PSU available in India?

As the title says, I'm guessing its the CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 850W but I'm not sure if it is available, will have to check up. If its not then I guess its the Corsair 620W and the Antec Trio 650W. Thoughts?

Needed for this system -

QX6700
2-4GB RAM (2-4 sticks)
8800GTX (possibly SLI)
680i Mobo
2-3 Optical drives
4-8 HDDs
8-9 Fans
2-3 PCI cards (network,sound - probably without external i/o bay,TV tuner etc)

A few more devices such as USB/CCFLs/mouse/keyboard.There will probably be NO Overclocking done on the machine.

I was going to buy online but there have been some problems so I may have to buy the PSU locally if the problems are not solved.

Thanks in advance.

i dont think the antec trio 650 or the 620 corsair will be enough for the rig. i think u will need something like a 850w. not sure how good the cm real power is.

Will the CM 850W be enough for that machine though? I don't mind the price but I probably won't be able to purchase online as there are some problems involved with it.

It should be able to handle that load I guess. It has 6 X 12V Rails rated for max 18A each and a combined rating of 720W (60A) . Anyway thats the best available in India. If you want something better, you would have to import it. no other choice.

Check this power calculator

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.0

When configured to the highest possible you have mentioned, that machine will require 675W.

I figured it was the best available here, I just don't know if it will work for what I have in mind.

Edit - I have checked a few calculators and they give different read outs, I've also heard that those calculators are not to be trusted 100% but rather to go by the amps on the +12V rail. But the thing is I'm not sure how many amps is enough. I read that for a single 8800 GTX you should have about 30a on the +12V.

Like?...Antec/Corsair is there but they are both under 700W, getting some 50a on the +12V rail.

Can you suggest a few PSUs for the rig I mentioned that are available in India?

The Corsair and the Neo HE are also rated higher but unfortunately there is no high wattage PSU from corsair or antec.

Does the seventeam from SMC delhi carry warranty?

Edit :

SMC as in these guys right?

SMC International

B10 & B11, Meghdoot Building, 94 Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110 019

TEL:+91 11 26293001

FAX:+91 11 26220710

Decadent_Spectre said:
The Corsair and the Neo HE are also rated higher but unfortunately there is no high wattage PSU from corsair or antec.

Does the seventeam from SMC delhi carry warranty?

Edit :

SMC as in these guys right?

SMC International
B10 & B11, Meghdoot Building, 94 Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110 019
TEL:+91 11 26293001
FAX:+91 11 26220710
100% correct................ and yes there is warranty........

BTW when they mention needing 30A on the 12v rail for an 8800GTX - that would be a rough estimate taking into account the entire power draw of a moderate system (i.e. rest of the components like CPU, HDD, ODD, Fans).

The 8800GTX is claimed to consume 145W (which translates to just around 12A on the +12v line)

Back