Best quality switches and sockets

rdst_1

Skilled
This is somewhat of an unusual advice for a tech forum so decided to post in the general talk section.
I need to buy switches and sockets and gang boxes (surface mounted) for a farm shed and might even install some at home. Looking to buy high quality switches and sockets which can survive an open and dusty environment. I do have options of buying weatherproof boxes from C&S electric. For most stuff I am installing industrial sockets and plugs, but can't do that for things like cameras, fans, etc and will need to use some normal sockets and switches as well. Have tried Goldmedal and Reo (Havells) in recent past and not too impressed with either of them. The Reo ones were especially quite pathetic.

see if you can siemens or L&T ones are used in industries and commercial office spaces(have seen l&t ones in commercial offices). Quite expensive but will outlast a lot of things.

see if you can siemens or L&T ones are used in industries and commercial office spaces(have seen l&t ones in commercial offices). Quite expensive but will outlast a lot of things.
Are you talking about something like this - https://www.bestofelectricals.com/lt-dbpps316sd-16a-3-pin-pne-2m-ac-box

I already have industrial sockets and plugs, but need normal ones - 6A and 16A ones for some of the appliances I'll have to install. Can't replace all of the plugs with industrial ones as that will be costly and also unfeasible for things like power adaptors of CCTV cameras.

Anchor brand?
We have switches from the above brand working since the day we arrived in new home in 2004.
Don't know if there were sub brands of Anchor in those days but today there's Roma for general purpose use, affordability and another two for better quality. You can visit their website to get a better idea. I would anyday vouch for them.

My 25+ year old house has Anchor switches and sockets as well. But I have heard that quality has come down over the years, especially after they were bought by Panasonic. I was hoping someone who had recently build their house and done some research in this area, might be able to help me out.

Goldmedal and Reo (Havells)

Reo is a cost conscious option from what I've seen (similar to Anchor's Penta), and Goldmedal is considered 'off-brand' for switchgear. Kind of like Sunfeast vs Maggi/Nissin/Wai Wai.

Anchor's newest economical option is the Roma Plus, which has decent built quality and satisfyingly confidence-inspiring switches and sockets: https://lsin.panasonic.com/media/brouchers/2021/6/roma-plus.pdf

Be sure it's Roma Plus, the regular Roma (now branded as Roma Classic) would fall apart if you look at it sideways, much like the current Maru stuff. Also skip the Anchor's Penta modular range, even though they're actually a little better in quality than Roma Classic.

Roma Plus is close to Legrand's stuff in terms of quality, and I haven't been able to break any of our Legrand switchgear no matter how much I try and yank the vaccum cleaner around.

Switchgear from Siemens and Schneider are highend stuff, mostly used in hospitality. They're pretty amazing though.

You can check for L&T engem . They are lower end modular ones ,but they are better than ROMA . I recently used for a construction and their quality is much better than ROMA at the price of "Goldmedal " . The switches are plain jane looks but work well . Switches have upto 30 A one for motors , A/C etc .

My 25+ year old house has Anchor switches and sockets as well. But I have heard that quality has come down over the years, especially after they were bought by Panasonic. I was hoping someone who had recently build their house and done some research in this area, might be able to help me out.
This is true. Anchor now sucks in fact after installing the switches one can feel as if they stuck in between or become too soft just within few months.
I'm also looking for other brands. Also, shops around house some chinese stuff or only anchor and other brands they havent even heard so no ways to get suggestions.

Thank you everyone. I might go for Legrand/Siemens/Schneider. BTW, there are a lot of good online stores these days which offer stuff for decent rates, especially for people like me who have no local options. Have recently bought from Eleczo.com, Vashi Electricals (Siemens Dealer), Powerfactorshop.com and Rujutaent.com (bought some specific stuff for them that is usually used in power panels and not home use).

Thank you everyone. I might go for Legrand/Siemens/Schneider. BTW, there are a lot of good online stores these days which offer stuff for decent rates, especially for people like me who have no local options. Have recently bought from Eleczo.com, Vashi Electricals (Siemens Dealer), Powerfactorshop.com and Rujutaent.com (bought some specific stuff for them that is usually used in power panels and not home use).
Anchor is really bad. I would stick with legrand, schneider. Legrand also sells plexo series enclosed switches for outside like the C&S ones.
For shed I would probably have some schuko sockets. My majority of the tools and even a POE switch have a schuko connector.

Thanks for this awesome website. It's crazy to see Anchor keeping 70-80% margins on their high end switches.
The prices are the same elsewhere . I do not understand their MRP vs the discounted price reasoning ,but the actual product sells at the same price which they have quoted online .

For home domestic use I love Havells Reo. For each product costing 35rs we paid 20rs for it. They have better finish than many other brands especially with regard to switches.
OT, wires seem to be a tricky matter. I honestly don't know but my local electricians have different opinions on electrical wire brands. We ended up going for Reo and ATC (purely because of costs) for my gramps' new home.
Thanks for this awesome website. It's crazy to see Anchor keeping 70-80% margins on their high end switches.
Its all because of marketing. Anchor is very popular due to dealers' endorsement.
If you are buying in bulk, try online https://www.eleczo.com/
Eleczo does have 40-70% discounts or any other sites. Offline stores does keep huge margins.
Bulk on what products/category? Is it applicable on all of their products?

Back