Budget 20-25K Best smartphone if i plan to sell it off in a year

justmat

Disciple
So I am all excited for the Galaxy S6 but i can't think of buying it until the prices come down to ~30k.
I have been using an i9000 Galaxy S for 4 years now and I can't stand it anymore.(except for music with its wolfson chipset, ofcourse) So what I am looking for is something around 20k that could, in a year, be disposed without much of a loss. Now, with the S5 available for 25k (it even came down as low as 23.5k at a point) why exactly are people so excited about OPO and Mi4? Is it bcoz of the lack of S801 in Indian S5? With S5 you even have Lollipop official update. Again I am not sure how superior or inferior is the Exynos version we are left with. Maybe better Antutu score for Exynos but I read somewhere S801 version performs noticeably better when it comes to gaming.
Between S5,Mi4 and OPO which one, do you think, would have a better re-sale vale? Feel free to drop in any other suggestions.
I am not sure if any of the non-imported Xperias are priced sensibly.
Then, with that upcoming Flipkart offer, I am guessing the 2nd gen Moto X cud be had for around 25000 (by selling off the deck speaker for 5,000). I am hoping the assured Google support adds value to this set.

Like I mentioned in the title I plan to move to S6 the moment its price drops (maybe a 35k) and I am hoping that wud happen in 6-8 months. So I haven't created any template because the features don't really matter but I don't want to go with a cheaper phone, either. And I think a better resale value equates to better performance in one way or another.

Last edited:
Why don't you get a S4 then? Not too much of a difference compared to S5 and has official Lollipop support.
You can get it for ~18k with original flip cover and should be able to sell it for for ~12k-13k after 6-8 months.

Avoid Exynos S5 please. The phone has one of the best displays i have seen, has very fast storage speeds, brilliant and fast camera, water proof and has a decent battery life but by god does it lag more than an 80 year old woman with arthritis on Lollipop (battery life has gone down to ~ 3.5-4 hours Screen on Time).

I haven't been more irritated with that phone since i purchased the god-awful Optimus 2X.
If i were you then i'd probably buy the LG G2 for ~ 15-16k. That phone is incredible value for money

Back