Best Soundbar under 25-30k

psyph3r

Skilled
Need suggestions for a good one under 25-30k, should be 2.1 as I don't require the surround speakers, I don't mind 2.0 either as long as the SQ is good. Currently I'm considering purchasing the Sony HT-S350, if there's a newer/better unit please do recommend.
TIA

I don't mind 2.0 either as long as the SQ is good.
Get 2.1 because otherwise, it will not sound like this or this (headphones on)

Nothing beats an audition so check out some big box or sony store near you.
Currently I'm considering purchasing the Sony HT-S350, if there's a newer/better unit please do recommend.

Seems ok.

The Sony HT-S350's stereo frequency response is okay. Its sound profile is dark and muddy due to the lack of low-bass and the underemphasized treble. Its mid-range is still quite balanced, so vocals and lead instruments are reproduced fairly clearly. However, this setup uses Sony's S-Force Pro Front Surround sound to create a more immersive sound, and you can't turn this feature off. While movies sound pretty decent on the bar, this feature isn't really ideal for stereo content like music.

The Sony S350 is a 2.1 soundbar setup, which means it doesn’t have a dedicated center speaker. It uses the left and right speakers to create a sound in the center, which will sound more diffused and less clear compared to a discrete center. When sending a 5.1 surround sound signal, it will downmix it to stereo, although it might sound a bit wider due to the always-on surround mode. Overall, voices still sound fairly clear and accurate, and the bar gets loud enough for most people.

For a 16cm driver on the subwoofer, I expected the bass to go below 55hz. Sounds ok, wish it went a little deeper though. Won't get deeper playing louder. It's a wireless subwoofer so that gives you options with placement to get a deeper sound.

Definitely enough for movies.

What's the local price? goes for $200 in the US

I think there could be better around for bass response in your budget.

As for the two others

That sammy is a 5.1 but does not come with the rear speakers so you're overpaying. and the reviews ain't good about the sub

What is 80t @mutant

How about the latest one, the S400

Now this one gets down to 44Hz for the same size driver. That's more like it

The Sony HT-S400 gets closest to a neutral sound profile with its default settings. It is a bit bassy, so you can always use its subwoofer level adjustment feature if you prefer a different sound.

The Sony HT-S400 has a decent stereo frequency response. The overall sound is pleasing with stereo content, with balanced mids that reproduce vocals and lead instruments with clarity. There's an extra emphasis in the mid-to-high bass range, however, adding extra boom to the mix. The subwoofer is pretty one-note—you notice the lack of rumble in the low-bass, especially with bass-centric tracks like EDM.

The Sony HT-S400 lets you wirelessly stream audio to the bar via Bluetooth. If you're an avid Apple or Google user, there's no Chromecast or Apple AirPlay compatibility.
^this matter ?

The Sony HT-S400 has a disappointing selection of sound enhancement features. If you want to customize its sound, you don't have a lot of choices on hand, aside from its subwoofer level adjustment (though the button on the remote reads 'Bass', this feature only controls the amount of bass reproduced by the sub). The remote also gives you access to its dialogue enhancement mode (called Voice) and its night mode, which balances the volume level in your programs. You can't adjust the amount of bass reproduced by the bar, and you can't control the treble, either. You can't turn off its S-Force Pro Front Surround feature, either.
They stuck with the KISS principle

Have to find some sound samples. I want to hear that bass

Not too many around. Here is one (Sounds a little muffled could be just the way it was recorded)

and another virtual surround is quite good. That's the DSP magic this thing has.

For this much money, you get an 'introductory' level sound bar.

Here's a contender :)

Last edited:
Another possible contender is the Samsung HW-B550 from croma

To confuse things there is a slightly earlier version called the HW-A550

What is the difference? Not a whole lot

Graphics EQ adjustments mean finer grain control which isn't there with the Sony

The specs say it goes lower than the Sony. Sound test

I think the S400 sounds better.

I don't think you should look at the above models.

Second contender that costs more but is 3.1, this means vocals will be crystal clear. Matters if you're watching videos.

The equivalent 3.1 sony costs much more

Any good pair of active or passive bookshelf speakers are always a better option than a soundbar.

Try some of the active studio monitors form baajao website.
Like presonus 4.5 , JBL active monitors
They give out an authentic sound for both movies and music consumption

presonus 4.5

The low end is only 70hz so give that a miss. I have no idea which JBL active monitors he means, got links?

...but the point is without a subwoofer it's not worth getting these for watching movies. or listening to music for that matter. If you do want to go down this path the Logitech z623 has it.

Monitors are for production, not consumption. They are not fun sounding, they are clinical. They are for work not play.

Why don't more people get this?

Last edited:
Get 2nd hand q800a or 80t for 30k.
I went to Reliance digital yesterday and checked sound of q800a, it was really impressive. I found it better than even the JBL 5.1 and all other Sony soundbars they had.

Do you know of any stores (online or offline in Jaipur) where I can get it at a good price?

Back