Budget 90k+ Best thin and light laptop around 1L (+- 12k) which is not a MacBook Air?

Stronk

Adept
Hi all,
Dad needs a new laptop for work. No gaming needed at all. MacBook Air 512GB model is in strong contention, but want to avoid that because he needs at least 1 USB type-A port, plus he's never used a Mac in his life before. An ethernet port would be preferred but not necessary. Also IT department at work is not sure if Macs would work with some network requirements they have (in house VPN I think), so another reason why Windows is preferred).

Priorities are, in order: build quality, battery life, keyboard, and good webcam with at least 512GB SSD.

Use case is not very heavy - he's currently using a Dell Inspiron 5408 with 10th gen i5 (4c8t) and 8GB RAM which is sufficient for his needs, though more RAM wouldn't hurt. Doesn't run anything more demanding than a typical office computer (word, powerpoint, email client and browser windows) but he will have a lot of them open at the same time, so multitasking experience should be good.

So is there anything that comes remotely close to being as excellent of a value as the Mac but on the Windows side; providing good build, excellent battery life and at least decent performance? No particular preference for any brand, but he's had less than good experiences with Dell (not the current Inspiron) and Lenovo in the past. He is still open to them, but would like to avoid them if possible.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Adding a list of Windows laptops in contention (in no particular order), please let me know if you have any comments on these, what should be preferred/not preferred:
1. Asus Zenbook Flip 13 OLED 94k - i5 1135G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD
2. HP Envy X360 99k - Ryzen 4700U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
3. Asus Zenbook 14 103k - Ryzen 5700U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
4. Lenovo Yoga 6 81k - Ryzen 4700U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD (seems like the best deal so far)

Feel free to add any other suggestions

Last edited:
Dell XPS and probably the Lenovo X1 Carbon or whatever they call it.. not sure if the prices went up? Budget wise probably not exactly around 1L. Maybe more.

Option 3. Asus zenbook 14 - ryzen 5700U
and it may be available at much better price at local store - Link
yoga 6 is ok but zenbook 14 is better choice with additional usb port and HDMI too & I guess this Yoga 6 lacks HDMI port.
comparing the two, zenbook 14 's display is brighter than yoga 6 atleast on paper.
other models with i5 1135G7 is quad core 10nm processor which shouldn't be compared with octa core 5700U and AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics.

Back