PC Peripherals Best TIM on Earth?

Meg@M!nd said:
Guys, Just want to know the best TIM on the planet w/o curing time?

I was thinking of MX-4. Any better options??

I'm doing a research since last few days and from what I've read till now, Arctic Cooling MX-4 is one of the best TIMs, if not the best.
Also, most of the OCN members are recommending the same. Looks like everyone there hates AS5. :bleh:

I tried many sources in India but no one has it in stock, so ordered it from Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Paste (4g) | eBay

ashis_lakra said:
Tuniq TX-4 ..
The reviews say otherwise. :no:
Everyone is saying that its application is very difficult.

Yup MX4 and TX4 both become like a putty as soon as its exposed to air. So its PITA to spread it if you are like me who prefers even thin spread of TIM.

Its between Shin-Etsu and Chill Factor III. PK1 is too freakin expensive to be considered by me (I run out of thermal pastes faster than I run out of tooth paste.).

Currently using CF III for all my components. I rather like it. MX3 and MX4 is waste.

I would rather use MX2 (which I do for all non critical/not highly oced installs).

Shripad said:
Its between Shin-Etsu and Chill Factor III. PK1 is too freakin expensive to be considered by me ... I would rather use MX2 (which I do for all non critical/not highly oced installs).

If you don't mind, could you let us know where you source them from, and the price. I could not get any TIM at LR so I ended up paying $8 for TX-2 shipped.

Are you sure you want the absolute best? I guess it would be better to spend more wisely on, say a better fan, rather than to spend all the cash on an expensive TIM.

PoBoy said:
If you don't mind, could you let us know where you source them from, and the price. I could not get any TIM at LR so I ended up paying $8 for TX-2 shipped.

Twice a year I buy my 6 monthly TIM stock in bulk from outside (India) so I dont have to depend on what is available here. Problem is, most of the times you realise you are running out of TIM when you need it desperately and nothing good is available locally when you need it.

So I bought 10 tubes of CF3 and 1 large 30gm tube of MX2 sometime late last year. I am about to run out of CF3 (2 left now) so I will put in a bulk order again sometime this or next month. Thats the only viable solution I can see. Arctic cooling products are no longer what they used to be. (TIMs) And only those are available locally.

@unixguru : You dont need absolutely best, but you need something good. Better fan or heatsink is handicapped if you have bad thermal compound. Or thermal compound that does not spread evenly.

I will never invest in something like Indigo Extreme or Liquid metal TIMs out there. They are not worth it for me as I keep testing lots of heatsinks, chips etc. But I wont use something like MX3 ever on my chip again. Bad quality control and too thick for my liking.

sunny27 said:
I got myself a tube of Antec formula 6 TIM, it was rated online to be better than most of the TIMs mentioned here and almost on par with some of the best in the business. It does need some curing time though. Antec Formula 6 Nano Diamond Thermal Compound Review--Final Thoughts - eTeknix.com Thermal Compound Roundup - May 2011 | Hardware Secrets

It cost me Rs.300 for a 4g tube and it comes with a TIM spreader (Applicator) .

Where did you get this Sire, can I acquire it in Bangalore?

PoBoy said:
ok, thanks. how good is tim consultants quantum ? 1.6 gm is more suitable for most users.

NO idea. There is all but 1 review about them on the internet.

skinnee is going to test them this month (at least thats what he said couple of months back). I will wait for his results before considering it. One of the reasons I have waited this long for this year's purchase. If this stuff is any good, I am going to just order their 50gm container and be done with it.

ALPHA17 said:
Where did you get this Sire, can I acquire it in Bangalore?

Got it from Dolphin Computers, Ahmedabad for Rs.300(inclusive of taxes). They are the importers and country distributors for Antec products.

Bumping this.

Ran out of Artic Silver 5 stock which i had from 2 yrs. Searched ebay, and present and past TE dealers, and none have it.

Just cleaned my comp and had just 1 tiny drop of compound which i retrieved from the tube to save the day. :ashamed:

So which good thermal compound can i get here now or outside in coming weeks (say after dollar rates come back to old 45 mark)?

^ can the shin etsu tim be bought in india? want something thats vfm. shipping from usa costs more than what 2-3 of these things cost.

Back