Best way to download YT playlist ?

Switch

Skilled
As the thread title suggest. I need to download a complete playlist from YouTube. Whats the best way to go about the same. I am looking for something with resume feature.

Thanks

i was recently told about this software by a fellow-member. it can download playlists, in HD resolutions too, but i don't know about the resume-feature. i am yet to try it.

UPDATE: wanted to inform that the software whose link i shared above is infected by a PUP and browser-hijacker. its set-up gives no indication of installation of any other thing than the main ware. but thankfully, the hijacker is easy to remove, and the PUP is taken care of by anti-virus.

Last edited:
@Switch if you are using firefox then a very good addon / extension is there calle "BytubeD" http://msram.github.io/bytubed/

it was working till sometime back when i checked and it provides complete list of downloadable links to use with your regular download manager.

try and revert.

PS : I still use it sometimes. But as YT is regularly changing its encryption algorithm almost all extensions / addons have a chance of failure.

@Switch if you are using firefox then a very good addon / extension is there calle "BytubeD" http://msram.github.io/bytubed/

it was working till sometime back when i checked and it provides complete list of downloadable links to use with your regular download manager.

try and revert.

PS : I still use it sometimes. But as YT is regularly changing its encryption algorithm almost all extensions / addons have a chance of failure.

Didn't work for me. Tested about 2 weeks ago

ok. wanted to inform that the software whose link i shared above is infected by a PUP and browser-hijacker. its set-up gives no indication of installation of any other thing than the main ware. but thankfully, the hijacker is easy to remove, and the PUP is taken care of by anti-virus.
Please edit your post above & include this info there (i.e. where you've linked to the s/w). Someone might come along & not scroll down to read this additional info. Cheers.

The best I've used is jdownloader. It has a mac version too.

Once you paste a playlist link into it, it resolves it and gives you a list of all videos at all qualities. You can select which ones you want to continue to download.

Try the Firefox and Chrome extension DownloadHelper. Works well with almost all kinds of browser media, offers download options for multiple video resolutions on youtube, but I haven't checked whether it downloads full playlists or not.

JDownloader is unable to get the link for 480p videos. The videos which have a max resolution of 480p, one has to be satisfied with 360p only!

But for those having 720p option, that is retrieved by JDownloader.

I use youtube-dl, works everywhere: windows, Linux, OS X, raspberry pi, my washing machine

I installation instructions are simple and once installed run this:

Code:
youtube-dl -cit <YouTube video link or playlist link>

options:
c - resume
i - ignore errors
t - use title

Back