Best way to get SGS2 in Kolkata, both online/local stores?

Zinc

Adept
I had ordered a SGS2 from ebay but the seller turned out to be a fraud and I'm still in the process of getting my refund :bomb:

So I have two options now:

1. Buy online again for which I'm slightly apprehensive now.

But anyway, has anyone bought a costly item like this and got it shipped to Kolkata without any hassles like octroi or some other tax, etc?
If yes, then how much (if any) extra amount is to be paid for tax and all?

2. Buy from a local store in Kolkata (as I'm here for a month or so).

So, which are the local stores I should be looking at for getting a good deal?
I can get a 30k deal anywhere but anything lower than that will be good.

PS: Kindly consider both the cases :)

H2O said:
Why not use flipkart they are the most reliable. If you want to use Ebay buy from a powerseller.

I can buy from a Powerseller but since the shipping is to Kolkata so my original question was regarding any extra tax.

I had inquired with the Powerseller who's selling SGS2 and he wasn't sure regarding this and told me to inquire with the Sales Tax dept.

@amandeep: COD is the best option. I'll inquire with Flipkart regarding shipping.

@red dragon Thanks for the up!

Flipkart can ship it to kolkata without the Form 50,they attach some VAT paid thingy on the package.
They usually ship via AFL,service is pretty good here..buying books from them for a long time now

You could try calling up mobile store. I got mine from the city center salt lake outlet for 30k in the first week of launch, prices must have gone down.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

^Mobile Store is still selling it for Rs30500 with some charger/handsfree offer :mad:

I guess I was too greedy to jump on that ebay deal (like 24 other guys) that turned sour :ashamed:

@kestrel Check the price at Mumtazuddin(Dalhousie and Chandni Chowk) and also at Aanchal Telecom(Metro Shopping Plaza, Maidan and near Gariahat Mall, Ballygunge).
These two shops offer the lowest prices in Kolkata.

You can find their phone numbers on JustDial
lygunge).
These two shops offer the lowest prices in Kolkata.

You can find their phone numbers on JustDial

i bought mine 10 days ago for 28k locally in chandigarh. Though i don't know if the prices have gone down or not, but you should be able to get one for at least 28k if not less.

P.S. - No idea if prices in Kolkata are higher because of local taxes.

I got the phone from Aanchal Telecom in Metro Plaza yesterday.

It cost me total 29k for the following:

The phone

A pair of Nokia WH-205 earphones (which my cousin wanted)

A Moshi Anti Fingerprint Matte screen guard (I don't know whether its original Moshi or not but looks and feels pretty cool, although it reduces the brightness just a little bit)

The date of manufacture is Aug-2011.

May be I got it a bit costlier but after what happened on ebay I was not in the slightest mood to take any kind of risk.

1 or 2k here and there is just not worth the hassles and tension you have to go through if a costly online deal goes sour.

Thanks to all for help

:)

Back