Best Way to switch to another number ? (from existing/old Jio no. to new Jio no.)

Futureized

Skilled
Hi,
I still receive calls from clients/people from last company on existing/old number which is still listed on many places on Internet, receiving many calls every week from those number.

I know switch to new number is easy, but what would be best way to switch were my friends/relatives all come to know only about my new number.
This old jio number is as well registered personally on many internet services.

I have a spare mobile, kindly guide.
Chat apps used - Telegram/WhatsApp/two google accounts have the old number as well.

Thanks.

Use truecaller. It has an option to block all unknown numbers. I have it on always.

Or use DND mode. In DND mode you have an option to ring the phone only for the contacts. So your phone won't ring for unknown numbers.

Use truecaller. It has an option to block all unknown numbers. I have it on always.

Or use DND mode. In DND mode you have an option to ring the phone only for the contacts. So your phone won't ring for unknown numbers.
Thanks for reply.
I have set phone to only ring for contacts rest all goes to blocked.

But better to get permanent solution of porting to new number safely.

Just bought a new Jio sim with 300 recharge for 1 month.

WhatsApp allows you to change your number and then automatically lets your contacts know about the change. I think it updates your WhatsApp number shown to your contacts unobtrusively. Telegram should have similar functionality. This will save you from calling up or messaging people to let them know about your new number.

Call or SMS those who are not on WhatsApp and Telegram. There used to be something called "contact card" for sharing your number with other phone users. Don't know how it works these days.

Back