Best wireless laptop mouse for work & play?

s_anuj

Adept
Folks, after 3 years of use my logitech M305 has started showing signs of aging. It double clicks when i tap it once etc :annoyed:. So it's time to upgrade!!! I need your help *urgently* to decide on what I should get (+ if you know of a good deal somewhere, I'll be even more grateful) . I've tried to organize my thoughts below, hopefully it'll help you understand my needs.

What do i need?
* A wireless mouse that can be easily carried everywhere
* Decent battery life
* The receiver should either be a nano one or the mouse could be bluetooth as well

Why? what do i plan to do?
* It's the mouse that i'll be using atleast 8-10 hours a day! ( I don't like using the laptop trackpad as I start developing RSI type symptoms real quick :scared14: )
* The primary use is for work -lots of work (emails, presentations, spreadsheets etc)
* Secondary use: I could perhaps connect it at home to get some gaming fix on the weekends. Games would be FPS or strategy mainly

What have I used?
* Been using the Logitech M305 for almost 3 years now
* Used microsoft 3000 for sometime but it crapped out in <6 months :(

Budget?
* Up to 2000 for a generic mouse
* Can go higher for something awesome (awesome = great features, ergonomics; not the vertu kind of wasteful spending)

What's in it for the people who help?
* A like/thanks :)
* First dibs on an upcoming giveaway thread

I am using Logitech M215 and baerly get 2 months of battery life.
So, I Suggest against it. Go for the newest series.. :)
They are touted to give 10months battery life

I use this Logitech M235. Very satisfied with it. Was ~750 when I bought, now ~900!

Excellent battery life, it is always on - IMO battery would be cheaper than getting the power on/off button failure.

I also use rechargeable batteries - changed the battery a couple of times since last 1.5 years.
-----------
And, you didn't thank/like @Fenix !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
-----------
And, you didn't thank/like Fenix !!!

:lol: Sorry mate. didn't check the forum till now...

All opinions are good ones ;)

So here's where I am with my shortlist:
Economy:
Logitech M185: Basic mouse
Logitech M235 (thanks #Jambumali)

Mid tier:
Logitech V470 Cordless Laser Wireless : It's Bluetooth so doesn't even need a dongle. + should work with android/win 8 tablets as well!

High price:
Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse:
innovative design + quite easy to carry!

Ultra High Price:
Razer Orochi Bluetooth Notebook Mouse:
Gaming standard! Bluetooth & wired modes so should work for normal use as well as gaming

My Friend owns an M185. It has no LEDs to say its On/OFF except for the switch. And the switch is not so easy to flick on/off. I would suggest you to stay away from it.
Arc Touch mouse is awesome,but pricey..
You want a mouse for Gaming, grab a Belkin M450 or better, go for a Corded REAL gaming mouse :)
Upto you now

My Friend owns an M185. It has no LEDs to say its On/OFF except for the switch. And the switch is not so easy to flick on/off. I would suggest you to stay away from it.
Arc Touch mouse is awesome,but pricey..
You want a mouse for Gaming, grab a Belkin M450 or better, go for a Corded REAL gaming mouse :)
Upto you now

The Arc seems to have have some ergonomic issues.

Lemme take a look at the belkin one. Corded is out of reckoning, must be a wireless with minimal/no dongle

Back