Bharti Airtel denies data breach, report said 375 million users' details up for sale

"We have done a thorough investigation and can confirm that there has been no breach whatsoever from Airtel systems,”

Does it mean they bought the data from that hacker and cross verified it? How else can they be so sure is what I don't understand.

This is ITR season so everyone is managing there current financial status, is there a way hackers can get valuable information using our aadhar? Or maybe a new form of scammers will evolve telling people they are from IT department and Bla Bla...

"We have done a thorough investigation and can confirm that there has been no breach whatsoever from Airtel systems,”

Does it mean they bought the data from that hacker and cross verified it? How else can they be so sure is what I don't understand.

Maybe. The hacker has stated that the data is sold, most likely they themselves bought it.
Also the sample data displayed by the hacker was from an old breach, as mentioned by multiple users, so maybe this all was a hoax?

So glad I keep linking my Aadhar to everything and everything I link to gets hacked.

At this point honestly, the hackers should just contact me directly and I can send them the details.
Wasn't the Aadhaar database itself hacked multiple times in the past and put on some TOR websites? At this point, I assume my biometrics like fingerprint/retinal scan are forever unusable, and that all basic demographic information about me is trivially easy to find.

Maybe. The hacker has stated that the data is sold, most likely they themselves bought it.
Also the sample data displayed by the hacker was from an old breach, as mentioned by multiple users, so maybe this all was a hoax?
If it is so, do you think this hoax will hamper Airtel's reputation or the opposite?

Back