Budget 0-20k BIG Tower Cooler: Help me make the right choice

Which BIG tower cooler should I choose?

• Noctua NH-15

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Deepcool Assassin IV

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
I sincerely thank @desiibond @Fenix @YeAhx for their insightful inputs regarding sizing of cooler and the case airflow condition required for best overall performance.

Going thru' the link of the Peerless assassin shared by iBose / Mann, I also found the Phantom Spirit 120 Evo, and checked its review at HW Canucks (luckily released just yesterday). While not so good at lower noise levels, the higher peak revs of the fan make it GOOD at max speed. Further, its aesthetics are also spot-ON in black, perfectly complementing my all black X570 Unify Board.

On the topic of aesthetics of the Noctua, my sight is on the Chromax.Black, so the ugly brown is not in the picture.

Now I'm more confused, with the Phantom Spirit EVO throwing a spanner in the works!!!
Noctua be like - hold my beer.
Go black with Noctua.

Noctua be like - hold my beer.
Go black with Noctua.
Another thing that I learnt about the Noctua yesterday is its offset mounting kit for AM5 - bringing the core of the contact plate above the Compute Chiplets and giving better thermals.

Given that this purchase IS a wishlist item, and also a bit of a splurge for a gift-myself thing, I think I'll go for the Noctua Chromax Black!

Currently it will be used in an open-air chassis.
Later, it will be transitioned to my ancient, but still rock solid COoler Master HAF 932 cabinet (THE OG high airflow case with 3x 200mm and 1x 140mm fans, with space for more!!)

Back