Car & Bike Bike accessories and riding gear (beginner)

SkullSmazer

Disciple
I will be buying a TVS Ronin next week and would like to get an aftermarket crash guard covering both fuel tank and the engine, currently checking on srakkart but not sure about their service and delivery. Would also like a mobile holder without a charger as that is part of the bike only :)

Also suggest any other accessories that might come handy.

Apart from this I'm also looking to get a good helmet around 4k and riding gloves around 4-5k. Fit jacket and pants I will get them around next month or so and I have basketball high neck shoes so will that be okay?I will do only short-mid distance rides (100-200km)

For helmet I am expecting anti fog and dual visor with ECE certified and for the gloves thinking of Rynox evo 3 and Rynox urban. For other gear not sure if leather or mesh is good, eyeing it around 10k

Last edited:
Congratulation on your new bike, ride safe!

I would advise against using a mobile phone holder. The vibrations will ruin the phone. You'll notice camera IS acting weird. This is applicable even to those expensive/premium ones like RAM mounts.

For helmets, you might want to extend budget. SMK, MT and LS2 are available. I found MT wee bit lighter than SMK and LS2.
I use this site to check prices, however offline you might find them cheaper.

Lastly, dual visor on these helmets are a joke. They are not optically corrected and often distort your vision or cause eye strain.

All the helmets I bought so far, I would pluck them out and dispose them. None of the brands mentioned above sell the same model with single visor.

I would suggest you get mesh jacket and buy thermal liner separately. I use Macna Rewind its very comfortable even after 500kms single trip. I bought thermal liner from Rynox around 1.1k its fits quite comfortable inside the jacket too. Mesh jackets have very good ventilations. Rynox jackets are also pretty good.

About the gloves i suggest you to try at store before you buy.

At 4k range you can look into Axor helmets they come with DOT, ECE and ISI Certifications and Dual Visor. I doubt you will get anti fog with that. I personally use MT Helmet. Their paddings are very comfortable. If you can increase your budget by another 3k-4k you can go with MT.

I think you'll be okay with basketball shoes for short rides but it will no good for long rides. Try a ride or two with those shoes you might know.

Happy riding.

+1 on not using handle bar phone mount

Leather: not as comfy in our hot climate, heavier, takes time to dry, less airflow = more fatigue
Mesh: opposite. You're more likely to wear it even for daily commute = more safety. The best gear in the world can't protect you if you're not wearing it. All the gear, all the time.
For winter use you can use a thermal layer inside, and for rain, you can wear a bigger size rain coat over your jacket/pant.

Though leather is tougher, both will survive only a single crash before needing replacement, so go for something you're more likely to use.

Anti-fog: you don't need expensive Pin-lock visors. A cheap alternative is to use anti fog sprays on the inside of your visor.

Lastly, dual visor on these helmets are a joke.
I was mainly looking for this as last time I drove my cousin's bike it was getting foggy so thought maybe opening the initial visor and keeping second visor in place might help for the air flow in helmet. Although I'm not sure on how is the air flow in other helmets, was looking anti fog for same.
I found MT wee bit lighter than SMK and LS2.
I was checking Axxis and they are around 1400gms

Thanks for the above comments.

Can you suggest some good mesh jacket around 5-7k? I was looking at one from TVS only. I'm not looking at the expensive ones right now as I'm not sure about how much will I ride as mostly will get weekend rides only due to WFH.

i suggest you to try at store before you buy.
I don't want to disclose my location but there are no stores here (remote area). I have to buy something online only, my cousin have Rynox evo 3 so I can try those only

Forgot to mention that I'm going to Bangalore early next week so I can try the riding gear there first and then buy from store only.
For helmet I don't think that I will be able to bring it back in the flight so should I buy that online only?

Can you suggest some good mesh jacket around 5-7k? I was looking at one from TVS only. I'm not looking at the expensive ones right now as I'm not sure about how much will I ride as mostly will get weekend rides only due to WFH.
Rynox has pretty decent collection in the price range check their website.

Forgot to mention that I'm going to Bangalore early next week so I can try the riding gear there first and then buy from store only.
For helmet I don't think that I will be able to bring it back in the flight so should I buy that online only?
You can try it in store and order the gears online. If you are getting good deal then you can buy from the store.

I bought a bike 3 months ago (and crashed it 2 weeks ago :( )
I have a SMK typhoon (4.5k) helmet, Cramster Breezer Gloves (2.5k) and a Rynox Cypher GT jacket (5k)
The jacket is good & comfy for daily city commutes as well as a weekend ride, RE makes some decent offerings for lower but they lack CE2 level protection which should be a bare minimum imo.
I would also recommend comfier gloves like the Rynox Helium GT if most of your riding is limited to the city.

My helmet is slightly on the heavier side but I'm still satisfied with the overall quality and features (ECE 22.05, Pinlock and sun visor), Ignite has the cheapest offerings with ECE 22.06 certifications - https://ignyte.black/ign-7.php

I don't have riding shoes yet, i might settle for regular leather boots like this one - https://www.tripmachinecompany.com/...ots-derby-dusty-bandit?variant=40890873086049

My friend bought this 2 weeks ago since it looks like a casual shoe while offering protection - worth a look ig - https://clanshoes.com/products/snkr-se

Last edited:
I bought a bike 3 months ago (and crashed it 2 weeks ago :( )
Congrats for the new bike and hope that you are okay.

Thanks for all the details above, on gloves I had the budget around 4-5k because I'm thinking of getting those with Knox sliders, the jacket looks good and something that I can use for short rides as well. Helmet is looking good as well

Back