CPU/Mobo Biostar Nvidia 7150/7100 Mobo for INTEL

Good news for people who wanna go the intel way on budget.

Finally looks like nvidia is on to take the lead from Ati690G as best VFM chip

Check out these boards

Nvidia 7150---http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/t-series/content.php?S_ID=305

Nvidia 7100

BIOSTAR

These mobos r listed on abacus peripherals site . Call them up for availability n pricing:cool2:

A good choice for budget HTPC as it includes DVI, HDMI. And biostar overclocks well too:D . Looks like this board comes with Solid capacitors too.:hap2: :hap2:

Grrr now you've done it. After two weeks of parlaying, I decided on the Biostar TP35D2-A7 and nowyou have confused me :(
On the other hand I don't think I need onboard graphics as I will be using a 7900 GTX. Hmmm.

simph said:
Grrr now you've done it. After two weeks of parlaying, I decided on the Biostar TP35D2-A7 and nowyou have confused me :(
On the other hand I don't think I need onboard graphics as I will be using a 7900 GTX. Hmmm.

You'd be better off sticking with your original choice. The new boards are based on the MCP73 chipset which only have single-channel memory.

leomax said:
Its supposed to be a cheap mobo and
how much gain do ya get from dual channel,
its really little..

Even the cheapest mobos still have dual channel support. Plus, look at it in another way, it has really limited capability to upgrade your RAM.

leomax said:
well,4Gigs is reasonable for a mainstream mobo i feel (2x2 or 4x1)..

Sure it's reasonable. It's just highly unlikely that users (especially in India) will have the combinations you mentioned. 2GB sticks are hard enough to find and are more expensive than 2x1GB sticks if you do manage to find them. I haven't even seen 4GB sticks for sale on Newwgg.

Most people will have either 512mb or 1GB sticks, therfore having only 2 memory slots will limit their upgrade options. If I had 2x512mb and wanted to upgrade to 2GB, I'd have to buy 2x1GB and then the remaining 1GB would be lying around gathering dust. If you had more slots, the memory could have been used, especially if they were of the same brand.

According to some of the reviews, it's slightly better than the 690G in most areas while the AMD is on par in others. It's still an IGP, so nothing to write home about.

I don't think it's DX10 compatible and if it is, it most certainly will not run DX10 games over the next 2 years. The more GPU intensive the games get, the slower they will run on.

Back