Monitors Biulding the LCD Projector-problems

Ameet148

Adept
Hi

I am building a DIY LCD projector.But there's a little trouble.Does anyone know that while ripping the LCD TFT , inside there is a thin light tube surrounded around the LCD screen corners to lit the panel.

Actually I have broken them(Thin Tube Lights), but the panel works fine and the pictures show up,but, when I put the Metal halide bulb underneath it and cover all sides with aluminum foil to stop the leaking light(though partially) just for test purpose to check weather the light passes though or not(you can think of it as the Un-Split one) and what I get on the other side is just so dim that you can forget about the light to reach up to the wall, it is not even litting up the LCD properly.

Now you might say that you're not using the fresnel between the light source and the LCD.But I have done that too even turning the rough sides (fresnel) alternately.Just nothing works.:mad:

motorheadinc said:
I tried it mate and as far as I can remember the thread by ballistic the CCFL was not required. Well my build failed but that was due to the setting problem as I dint have the tools to fix the box correctly.

Contact ballistic cause he had a successful build.
Thanks man.

Why don't you try to build it agian.It's worth the making Price man.

@Ameet148, my cousin was successful with a 15" vertical build using 400W MH. What is your bulb's power rating? Is it a split or unspilt configuration ? What is the distance between LCD and Fresnel ?

mod-the-pc said:
@Ameet148, my cousin was successful with a 15" vertical build using 400W MH. What is your bulb's power rating? Is it a split or unspilt configuration ? What is the distance between LCD and Fresnel ?
Mine is OSRAM 400 watt MH and spilt configuration.But due to some troubles I think I have to change the design.(may be UN-split)

Back