Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals (that can be availed in India)

t3chg33k

Skilled
Couldn't see a dedicated thread to discuss BF & CM deals that can be availed from India. Online ones are always universal though sometimes it is cheaper to ship items as well. Anyway, listing few deals that I have personally availed of this year.

Feel free to post deals that will benefit the community in general.

1. Rhinoshield.io - They have a $6 shipping charge to India but even then it was cheaper than buying from the Indian distributor (rhinoshield.in). It may attract custom duties but my purchase with shipping charges was less than $20 so that is unlikely to happen. Ships from Taiwan, will probably take a month to arrive.

2. Surfshark - Using it for a couple of years now and have nothing to complain about. Always renew it during this period as the prices generally come down to just over $2/month. They now also have an antivirus in the client FWIW.

3. LowEndTalk - LowEndBox lists specific offers, but you get a lot more offers on LET. Generally keep a LE VPS to mess around for which the lifetime deals are great.

simplelogin.io has $10 off for first year on their premium plan.

Windscribe VPN is the one i am using. No Issues so far. they have $30 per year and $70 for 3 years i guess.

Also LET has good offers. mxroute for email and servarica for storage.

(i use all the above, hence recommended)

EDIT:

sophos home has 50% off. if you are looking for managed AV solution for family try it. it has upto 10 devices i guess (not used by me, but looking at this for a long time)

Last edited:
@ OT but I think it's worth mentioning.

Straight 10% off at nationalpc.in so if anyone's looking for Ryzen CPUs or ASUS routers it's the right time now.
offer for today only, can get a 5900x for 44k after using coupon. seems like there's no upper max upper limit for 10% coupon.
Have a nice Day!
Not that great offers overall!

Looking for a VPN, Rakuten offers cashback on NordVPN and Surfshark so effective prices are:

Nord comes out to about $40 for 2 years ($80 w 50% Cashback)
Surfshark is $42 for 2 years + 3 months ($60 - $18, 30% cashback)

Which one would you guys suggest?

Reg VPN

Not used both of them .. Check https://techlore.tech for VPN reviews, If you concerned about privacy. If you want to use it for streaming surfshark seems to be good. My friend is using it

Reg VPS

Lowendtalk has plenty of them .. If you want Indian location, try linode. 5/dollars per month..Mumbai data center.

If budget is concern, try buyvm, nexusbytes. I have read good reviews about them in LET .

Edit: seems quote not working properly in mobile

Last edited:
Any cheap and reliable VPS recommendations ?
It depends on your use case. I went with MyW this time because they have lifetime offers (that will be recovered within 3 years as per everyone else's annual pricing) and the specs are enough for me. Generally, most are low-end hosting providers without recurring deals (limited to new users only), so you have to go by past reputation.

Looking for a VPN, Rakuten offers cashback on NordVPN and Surfshark so effective prices are:

Nord comes out to about $40 for 2 years ($80 w 50% Cashback)
Surfshark is $42 for 2 years + 3 months ($60 - $18, 30% cashback)

Which one would you guys suggest?
Used PIA in the past (5-6 years ago) before the ownership change and the servers were generally slow. NordVPN (2-3 years) was good for privacy/features but speeds were again slow (better than PIA). SurfShark has been okay because I get 90-95% of the speed across Asia and Europe, though it still struggles with iPlayer streaming for some reason. Someone mentioned Windscribe but it has very poor reviews for speed and privacy, so not recommended.

For those interested, AdGuard is doing 949.5 + tax for 3 device lifetime license, but it has been cheaper in the past.

@t3chg33k I usually max my BB speed on PIA. Depends on server as well imo
Yeah, I had used it quite a few years back and the speeds were not good for the nearby servers. Even otherwise, none of the geo-restricted streaming services worked with PIA because they used shared blacklisted servers which at least is actively addressed by SurfShark.

Also, they were bought over by Kape which has a history of delivering man-in-the-middle adware/malware and generating positive reviews on their own VPN review sites, so unless PIA offers a significant cost benefit, I wouldn't bother with it or other Kape owned providers (ExpressVPN, Cyberghost) ever again.

To update, I received the Rhinoshield case in 18 days through registered post. Definitely seems worth it buying directly from Rhinoshield during sales compared to local purchases.

Flat 10% instant discount on selected products. No limit on discounts.

Attachments

• Flash-sale-stiker.png
    Flash-sale-stiker.png
    155.7 KB · Views: 72
Back