Blackberry 8830 or 8330 ?

Hi

Need urgent advice.

I am getting these @ 3200/- each Shipped and with 6 months warranty. But me confused which one to buy.

Primary purpose mails, easy to use, good interface, battery life. Already have a N97, so would that for multimedia purpose.

Both are priced same, so which one should i buy. Today itself i have to buy otherwise the offer would be over.

Links:-

http://www.fashionandyou.com/fashionandyou-client-http-shop/shop/product/11AUG20MOBILE3413/11AUG20MOBILE3413$007e13SGRFY19823BS

http://www.fashionandyou.com/fashionandyou-client-http-shop/shop/product/11AUG21BB3435/11AUG21BB3435$007e9SGRFY19819BB

thanks again,

No hard feeling man but I seriously think that u should not go for any of these cells... They are really old and outdated.

BB 8830 - World edition phone works only on GPRS service in GSM and EDGE for CDMA but u will have a hard time trying to get it activated from either TATA indicom or Reliance.

BB 8330 - is also CDMA only as far as I know... So please get it checked before buying it.

BlackBerry 8830 World Edition vs. BlackBerry Curve 8330 - GSMArena.com

The phones are pretty old models and have very basic specs. As lida says the 8330 is a CDMA only model. Whereas the 8830 seems to support GSM.

Still only 8830 has edge support.

You can get a Nokia X2-01 for a similar pricing and its a better bet IMO! (except doc. viewer)

BlackBerry 8830 World Edition vs. Nokia X2-01 - GSMArena.com

BTW why a secondary phone when you can use the N97 itself for all these :S If you need a upgrade then chuck the N97 and go for something better.

The problem is, i dont want to spend 10k + and get a latest version of BB. I would be using Vodafone connection and main purpose would be of mails only. Also as per my company policy i can configure mails only on a BB. So cant go with any other company.

Pls advise.

Blackberry 8330 is a CDMA cellphone so you won't be able to use Vodafone Sim in it.

Blackberry 8830 is a world edition(CDMA/GSM-one at a time)It is a basic blackberry model without 3G and camera.

I used it for 3-4 months,I found the keys are much better for typing mails/sms since they are much bigger in size than in other Blackberry Model.

Also,ask if they are giving seller warranty or Blackberry warranty.Most probably it will be having seller's warranty which is as good as no warranty.

m.khurana said:
Blackberry 8330 is a CDMA cellphone so you won't be able to use Vodafone Sim in it.

Blackberry 8830 is a world edition(CDMA/GSM-one at a time)It is a basic blackberry model without 3G and camera.

I used it for 3-4 months,I found the keys are much better for typing mails/sms since they are much bigger in size than in other Blackberry Model.

Also,ask if they are giving seller warranty or Blackberry warranty.Most probably it will be having seller's warranty which is as good as no warranty.

is it a bad deal for 3.2k ? shipped

Depends on the phone's condition. It is most probably a ~3 years old phone and you can get almost all the features that it offers from the X2-01. But alas you want only a BB. Do you have any other option in a ~<4k budget!

The cheapest BB is Buy BlackBerry Curve 8520 (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews. Costs ~7.8k with the RCOMLB1 coupon. So you should be able to get a 2nd hand which is in warranty for ~5.5k-6k or so if you search around a bit.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BlackBerry Curve 8520 - Full phone specifications

DarkAngel said:
Depends on the phone's condition. It is most probably a ~3 years old phone and you can get almost all the features that it offers from the X2-01. But alas you want only a BB. Do you have any other option in a ~<4k budget!

The cheapest BB is Buy BlackBerry Curve 8520 (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews. Costs ~7.8k with the RCOMLB1 coupon. So you should be able to get a 2nd hand which is in warranty for ~5.5k-6k or so if you search around a bit.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

BlackBerry Curve 8520 - Full phone specifications

Not a bad option. but again i need to shell 3k more. Whereas i would be getting almost the same thing. Only the model is new. Any real advantages of shelling 3k extra for 8250?

Back