Graphic Cards Blinking issue with the graphics card

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
A very wierd problem happened in my System.

4 days back, my LCD went blank for a sec and comes back immediately , happened 5 times consequitvely. During which the system freezes and afterwards its all fine. I didn't bother much about the issue that time. Next day my brother was playing Crysis for around 4 or 5 hrs. After few hours the same problem which i have stated above had occured. But this time it happened every 5 ot 10 mins. After 3 or 4 hrs, i really got pissed off, i removed the card , cleaned it and installed it back. Now it was working fine, no blackout for around 1 hr, i was watching a movie during that time, suddenly the screen went off (in LCD it showed no signal, swithcing to power saving mode), but i was still able to hear the sound from the movie, i restarted the PC and i could hear the windows startup music and again i was able to shut the PC down, but no display at all :S. I reseted the bios, and since the hdd boot prioroty got changed, i wasn't able to login to windows. So left as it and went to b'lore.

Y'day i came back, switched on the PC and everything is working fine :clap: , i tested for artifacts using ATI Tools for 10mins, idle temp is 54c and max temp is 81c. Played Team Fotress 2 for 30 mins, watched a movie and played Crysis for like an hour. No issues so far till now.*touchwood*. My card is Powercolor X1900XT btw.

So do anyone have any idea what just happened :S :huh: S

Sorry for the long story :ashamed: :p

same thing happned to my some 3-4 months back, in my case whenever i play videos, systems display will go off and i have to restart it and it used to happne randomly...... i was really frustrated and chked everything from PSU - GPU -Motherboard ..... then i changed the ram and the problem is gone since that day .....

and the ram is also working fine in another system of mine :-| ....

Its happening again , but not in windows, but while booting. Everytime the screen changes, it looses the signal. Sometimes the the system hangs @ the POST screen itself :(

Hi,
How about the drivers, have updates any of them recently... if so maybe go back to the older version. Although it sounds like it might be a heat problem to me. Good luck.

Back