Block Spam calls on iPhone

varunkrish

Disciple
I get so many spam calls these days, be it credit card companies, insurance, donations or banks. On Android, you can easily deal with spam calls easily using any app or built-in functionality. But on iOS it is a pain. You can block calls or silence calls from unknown numbers which isn't any good. Truecaller app did not work properly before but after a recent update, I am getting alerts for spam calls on the call screen. It still does not have all the features of the Android app due to some limitations but hopefully, they keep updating this app. Has anyone else tried the app on iPhone recently? Any other ways to deal with spam calls on iPhone?

truecallerios.jpg

Truecaller on iPhone doesn't work as it works on Android even after giving on to he permissions it asks for. It's because iOS security feature.

When I get a call from an unknown number I usually avoid. You get to know certain numbers from the same series. Then later on I check the number copy pasting it on Truecaller app. If it's not a Spam ( mostly it is I call them back ) It's a pain I know but this is the only way.

Truecaller on iPhone doesn't work as it works on Android even after giving on to he permissions it asks for. It's because iOS security feature.

When I get a call from an unknown number I usually avoid. You get to know certain numbers from the same series. Then later on I check the number copy pasting it on Truecaller app. If it's not a Spam ( mostly it is I call them back ) It's a pain I know but this is the only way.
Ya this was exactly what I was dealing with. Was even considering moving to Android. After the latest update (v 12.2) the caller name shows up at least for spammers. for me. Which version are you on?

you can always silence unknown callers in phone settings if you dont recieve any calls outside your contacts i have done that on my iphone as thats my personal number :)

you can always silence unknown callers in phone settings if you dont recieve any calls outside your contacts i have done that on my iphone as thats my personal number :)
Unfortunately in my line of work , do get calls from several new contacts every day and this option made me miss several important calls :confused:. Let me see how it goes with this app, been catching quite a number of spam calls but still not perfect.
I'm on the 11.53.3 version. I've already made this switch back to Android this month
Nice. Which device? I am on 12.2 and it seems to be catching spam calls quite well although automatic call blocking isn't possible. Just stuck in the Apple world with my AirPods, Watch and Mac. Have a backup Android phone but iPhone is just super convenient for everything except for dealing with spam calls.

Last edited:
In Truecaller block settings you can block number series. So block numbers series 022, 044, 080, 011... These are all landlines. Banks mostly call from landlines. Landlines are the most unprofessional way of communication today. Block the fakers.

Unfortunately in my line of work , do get calls from several new contacts every day and this option made me miss several important calls :confused:. Let me see how it goes with this app, been catching quite a number of spam calls but still not perfect.

Nice. Which device? I am on 12.2 and it seems to be catching spam calls quite well although automatic call blocking isn't possible. Just stuck in the Apple world with my AirPods, Watch and Mac. Have a backup Android phone but iPhone is just super convenient for everything except for dealing with spam calls.

Fortunately I just had the iPhone. No other Apple products. Bought a Vivo X80 from this forum itself.

How can you say that? any company that does not have a landline number isn't a professional company
Any company having landline company means they don't listen to customer. If a business has a landline, that means we can't talk to them because nobody picks landline. Secondly, more than 70% landlines are bogus. They are always out of service. Dial the landline numbers you see on the google maps, you'll hear 'This number doesn't exist' 70% of the times.

Any company having landline company means they don't listen to customer. If a business has a landline, that means we can't talk to them because nobody picks landline. Secondly, more than 70% landlines are bogus. They are always out of service. Dial the landline numbers you see on the google maps, you'll hear 'This number doesn't exist' 70% of the times.
ok, you meant it like that. The not picking up I've experienced a number of times. The same can happen with mobiles too though.

My preference for a landline is the sound quality is better than the field radio experience you get with cellular networks unless you use wifi to call apps.

What the **** kind of statement is this: Landlines are the most unprofessional way of communication today. Lmao. Almost every reputed business I know of, including my own, still has a landline and I always prefer that too! It's them mobile nos which are the most unprofessional, either not picking up, or the most common thing which mobile telephony allows- lying.

Anyhow, these spam calls have been annoying for me too, I mean I have all those Google dialler options enabled (filter spam calls, verified calls) but one or two calls still penetrate through. Would that Truecaller app block them? Can that app work only for the purpose of blocking calls and not interfere in anything else? I have seen TC working on others' phones and it always takes over other things, like enforcing their dialler on users, or similar.

I have been doing business for last 15 years and I'll say it again. It's the most unprofessional way of communication. It shows the business isn't serious. One can't send more info over whatsapp. Can't send invoice. Voice quality is shite. These days I don't even look up vendors who only have landlines listed. Because 70% of landlines are fake. Calling landline feels like calling a govt office. Very unprofessional.

I get so many spam calls these days, be it credit card companies, insurance, donations or banks. On Android, you can easily deal with spam calls easily using any app or built-in functionality. But on iOS it is a pain. You can block calls or silence calls from unknown numbers which isn't any good. Truecaller app did not work properly before but after a recent update, I am getting alerts for spam calls on the call screen. It still does not have all the features of the Android app due to some limitations but hopefully, they keep updating this app. Has anyone else tried the app on iPhone recently? Any other ways to deal with spam calls on iPhone?

View attachment 145151
The main reason is that iOS does not allow Truecaller to capture any information and send it to their servers. Everything is from the local database. It will never have what you consider as "features" on Android.

On Android, it is free for all, so Truecaller can take over the dialer or the messaging app and constantly send your call logs and usage details to the Truecaller servers, which it does.

So, take a call between privacy and convenience. I am on DND and don't get many spam calls. I don't pick up any of the calls coming from +80 and +40 which are mostly spam. Also, you can block the numbers individually in the dialer after checking on Truecaller.

I have been doing business for last 15 years and I'll say it again. It's the most unprofessional way of communication. It shows the business isn't serious. One can't send more info over whatsapp. Can't send invoice. Voice quality is shite. These days I don't even look up vendors who only have landlines listed. Because 70% of landlines are fake. Calling landline feels like calling a govt office. Very unprofessional.
Can send you mean? over whatsapp

Well, govt offices can be notorious for this sort of thing. Mobile is for people out in the field. No longer tied to the desk. So in that sense, they can handle more calls wherever they are.

Landline is old school yeah but never goes down like mobiles when there is a social distrurbance (a term that only makes sense in an Indian context).

I'm never getting rid of mine.

Back