Bluetooth adapter lagging up pc

I want to use my Altec lansing portable bluetooth speaker on my desktop replacing the 2.1 setup which i have currently. I connected a el-cheapo bluetooth 2.0 adapter lying around which pairs well with the portable speaker but the problem is it lags up the pc. Cpu usage goes up to 100% when i am gaming. Without the adapter, the gaming experience is butter smooth . The audio quality is also not as good as compared to when speaker is paired with any android smartphone or laptop ..it sounds like mono audio .
I am wondering if this is because of the older 2.0 bluetooth version? Will buying a 4.0 dongle help? or is this a bluetooth limitation?

5.JPG

If you have windows 10 64 bit and Intel set up this may just be your huckleberry. Or else just try a bluetooth 4 dongle for around 3//400 INR from fk/amazon.

Last edited:
I want to use my Altec lansing portable bluetooth speaker on my desktop replacing the 2.1 setup which i have currently. I connected a el-cheapo bluetooth 2.0 adapter lying around which pairs well with the portable speaker but the problem is it lags up the pc. Cpu usage goes up to 100% when i am gaming. Without the adapter, the gaming experience is butter smooth . The audio quality is also not as good as compared to when speaker is paired with any android smartphone or laptop ..it sounds like mono audio .
I am wondering if this is because of the older 2.0 bluetooth version? Will buying a 4.0 dongle help? or is this a bluetooth limitation?
Its just driver bluetooth driver interfering with some windows process. Get a bluetooth 4.0 dongle.

Back