Bluetooth/TWS Earbuds for Workout

LaatSahab

Skilled
Budget- upto 2K (3K max limit)
Stipulations- Primary one is Fit and SQ, Battery life is secondary. Will be pairing it up with Fiio M5 so if the pair can handle HiRes audio, it would be better. And for SQ, would prefer V signature in this case as the pair would be used solely for Workout purpose, not critical audio listening. Regarding form factor, TWS would also do as long as they have earfins or loops to ensure snug fit. In case of neckband, would prefer a lightweight unit with controls and battery in band, not on earphone wire. @Nitendra Singh please do give your 2 chavannis ;)

Fiio M5 is a great device as it also supports wireless transmission. It supports SBC/LDAC & I think the only wireless earphones supporting LDAC in this price range is

OPPO Enco M31.

These earphones are praised my many and you could use it in LDAC mode. Right now in deal it's available for Rs.1600.
In general, I've heard people complaining of battery & connectivity issues with TWS but exceptions are there. In my opinion a little string of wire attached is better than TWS.
As for the Tws Jabra active 65T is also an option suggested by many members here, sells for like 3-4k
Sound and fit quality is subjective. I would 've purchased a wired Mee audio M6 pro 2nd gen for 3.5k and plugged it in M5 (may not be best for workout but these wired ones are IPX5 sweat resistant)
if you 've something in your mind or feelin puzzled ?, members here will surely help you decide the best one for your requirements.

I have plethora of wired earbuds, budget to mid-range ones but cannot use them with M5 because of the Fiio watch case that I recently bought. It has no hole punch for 3.5mm jack!
So resorting to Bluetooth earbuds. Will look into Oppo ones.

Been using "Xmate Bluetooth Earphones" for couple of days now. They are neckband type with earfins. Besides the fact that their SQ is absolutely garbage, have no other major issue with them or for that form factor. Have a pair of no name TWS too that I got for 500 from Aliexpress in 2018 but they have suck on all major fronts; SQ, Battery, Fit and Connectivity.
So not crazy about TWS, just want something that's wireless, sounds good and won't get in the way when flailing arms around in a sad attempt to run.
@Nitendra Singh Any idea about these ? Came across them while looking for Oppo Enco ones. Since they Sony, stands to reason that they may be good.

Last edited:
@Nitendra Singh Any idea about these ? Came across them while looking for Oppo Enco ones. Since they Sony, stands to reason that they may be good.
Seems like you've posted some wrong link, guess you were multitasking :p .
anyways I forgot there 're these sony WI-XB400, comfortable fit and typical sony emphasized bass.
Loud punchier sound with a thump, may be the best option for GYM.
Last two earphones I tried for Gym were:
1. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08DYCBSHQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08NW689XJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried both of these a couple of times, both very good earphones specially at this price point.
Philips one has got a very beautiful balanced sound with good bass where as taotronics is slightly more detailed sound and I just loved it.
For workouts I think Philips is a better choice.
Only reason I neglected Sony WI-XB40 was it doesn't have APTX-HD but soon I realized that I don't need some audiophile codecs at the GYM.
you can't go wrong with Sony xb400.
If you wanna try these philips I can sell for really cheap, PM if interested we can discuss.

I was trying to share Amazon link for Sony WI C 200, they were priced same as Oppo ones. Taotronics one aren't listed as available on Amazon or anywhere else. Will PM you for your quote on Philips pair momentarily.
Opted for AirDots from @prime and pre-owned Oppo Enco M31 from Amazon. Kept it all under 2K. Will give me a chance to see how,if any, budget Bluetooth earbuds have improved. If these too suck then will save up for pair of Jays Vista 2 or the likes.

Last edited:
Back