Bookshelf speakers for 25k±5k

I'm looking for a 2.0 or 2.1 speaker system for bedroom TV mainly for watching Netflix (70%) and listening to music from phone via bluetooth (30%). Sound quality is my main priority.

I currently have Edifier R1855DB + Edifier T5 powered subwoofer combo at another place and I like the sound quality from R1855DB but Edifier T5 isn't much useful to me for music listening in the current setup but I like the bass in the movies.

So I'm looking for an upgrade above the R1855DB and might add a subwoofer later on. The bookshelf speakers should have Bluetooth, Digital In and Sub Out. R2850DB has all of these but it is OOS everywhere. S1000MKii doesn't have sub-out but many reviews said that a subwoofer isn't really needed with these. I'm not a bass-head but I would like to keep the options open.

I might have purchased R2850DB or S1000MKii if they were available.

If you're reading till now, you would have concurred that I'm pretty confused regarding the subwoofer out option. I don't have much idea other than Edifier brand. Any inputs/suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TL;DR : Need bookshelf speakers, 25k, Use: Movie 70%, Music 30%, Inputs: Digital In, Bluetooth, ± Subwoofer out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm leaning towards Edifier R2850db. They are available on TataCliq and TheRevolverClub. If I go ahead with the purchase, where should I buy it from?

Last edited:
I'm looking for a 2.0 or 2.1 speaker system for bedroom TV mainly for watching Netflix (70%) and listening to music from phone via bluetooth (30%). Sound quality is my main priority.

I currently have Edifier R1855DB + Edifier T5 powered subwoofer combo at another place and I like the sound quality from R1855DB but Edifier T5 isn't much useful to me for music listening in the current setup but I like the bass in the movies.

So I'm looking for an upgrade above the R1855DB and might add a subwoofer later on. The bookshelf speakers should have Bluetooth, Digital In and Sub Out. R2850DB has all of these but it is OOS everywhere. S1000MKii doesn't have sub-out but many reviews said that a subwoofer isn't really needed with these. I'm not a bass-head but I would like to keep the options open.

I might have purchased R2850DB or S1000MKii if they were available.

If you're reading till now, you would have concurred that I'm pretty confused regarding the subwoofer out option. I don't have much idea other than Edifier brand. Any inputs/suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TL;DR : Need bookshelf speakers, 25k, Use: Movie 70%, Music 30%, Inputs: Digital In, Bluetooth, ± Subwoofer out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm leaning towards Edifier R2850db. They are available on TataCliq and TheRevolverClub. If I go ahead with the purchase, where should I buy it from?
Hey what did you end up buying. I'm trying to find S2850DB but no one has them in stock

Hey what did you end up buying. I'm trying to find S2850DB but no one has them in stock
I almost purchased S2850db last year, have already entered payment info when I changed my mind. 1855db is already excellent for music.

Since my purchase was mainly for movies, I went for Sony 5.1 Home Theatre S500RF.

It is simply amazing for movies, although for music I still prefer 1855db.

Back