Boom Shiva - V

superczar

Skilled
Most of it has already featured in show off already, but WTH, I just spent so much time and energy (not to mention the aching hands and fingers and a minor cut from the dremel that i just bandaged - or band-aided) installing everything together (and Rahul + 1 more friend too) that this deserves to be shown-off :devil2:

JBL GT5-A604 Amp

[

Boston s60 Front components (Only tweeter visible)

JBL GTO938 Rear coaxials

ICE Front-End

I though you wern't in town :(

Sarang, the rears required some metal cutting and were done by an installer

great! How is Boston s60 ? Bright ? or Laidback ?

errm, bright... am forced to use the equalizer

^^^ So u do this stuff professionally or just as an Enthusiast? If the case is latter then how'd u figure out the wiring for the car?

It's the latter, and if you were to think about it.. a random greasemonkey at an installer's place is able to do a roughshod job of doing this. What good an education if I can't do at least that?

(Although the wiring part was the easiest, it was the mechanical bits that were difficult)

you've used a fuse on the wire from the battery to the amp right ?

Of course.. I used the 25A fuse that came with the Earthquake wiring kit and put it right next to the battery

while on the topic of wiring, the most difficult part about the whole exercise was removing the bottom panels to run the cables next to the harness on both sides (the power cable runs on one side while the speaker cables on another)

Many so called pro installers try to do a rushed up job and run the cables under the carpet instead

I found the part where you have to squeeze the wires through the firewall the hardest. I was afraid if I did it myself, I might damage something that was already there :ashamed:

and the way you terminate the wire to the battery terminal is important. can we have a close up of that ?

Back