Borland C++5.5

Shanpav12

Disciple
Hello,
I just downloaded Borland C++ 5.5 for Windows, I will use it for C++ Programming and software developement, I also has Visual studio 2005 Prof. I want to know that will borland compiler command line will be enough for writing C++ 03 standard source code and does it has all funtionality and libraries to write commercial softwares.Overall is it a good compiler for Professional use.
Thanks,

Borland C++ 5.5 was released more than a decade back. If you are really interested in the Borland suite, you should get the free "Turbo C++" compiler at Turbo Explorer Home Page , released around 2006. The more recent & "Professional" Borland C++ Explorer will require you to shell out moolah.

Overall, I feel Borland has lost its way in the compiler suites, and its former glory days are over. You would be better off with GNU C++ port to Windows. The MinGW project MinGW | Minimalist GNU for Windows is the most popular port of Gnu C++.

Microsoft has a free hobbyist version of C++ compiler, called Visual Studio C++ Express, which is also a pretty decent compiler. I believe it lacks advanced optimization, and the MFC/ATL libraries. You need to shell out moolah to get the professional version which has these features.

Back