Audio Bose companion 2 series 2 buzzing noise problem

girish78

Disciple
My 1 year Bose companion speakers were working fine till all of a sudden the right speaker has stopped working. To explain the setup, the left speaker houses the power connector, double RCA jacks and a connector to connect the right speaker to it. There is a double RCA to mono cable which is used to make the connection from left speaker to the Mobo audioport.

One fine day ( Fine except the problem) the right speaker started making buzzing noise when powered on. Once the right speaker is isolated, the left speaker works fine without any problems. I called up Bose Service centre guys and they told me this.

1.Bose companion 2 cannot be serviced in India if there is an internal problem. I was not told about this when I bought it. I shared the same thing with the guy but he just kept repeating the same thing like a recorded tape.:mad:
2.He said that these speakers are very sturdy and do not have any problems. He suspects that the power adapter might have gone kaput and hence, it is unable to power the right speaker when the right speaker is connected to the left one. He quoted me Rs 1350+ taxes for replacement of the power adapter. I was like WHAT!!!!!!!!!! 1350 for a power adapter.:mad:

3.Last thing is if power adapter is fine, then the entire unit needs to be shipped to USA for servicing.I have to bear to and fro and servicing charges as the speaker is 1 year and 1 month old.:mad:
I tried googling a lot to check if I can do something to fix the problem.Did not have any success.:( Finally, thought of posting a thread in our good forum TE. Hoping, someone will be able to assist me.:)

I was a very happy consumer of the bose speakers but at the moment I feel its not worth it. :ashamed:

Thanks in Advance.:)

Back