PC Peripherals Bought a new mouse but the S/N on the box mismatches with the product S/N

Should I return this mouse or what?
And how is this even possible?

It's a Logitech g300s.

Attachments

• IMG20240723231850.jpg
    IMG20240723231850.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG20240723231850.jpg
    IMG20240723231850.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 31
1. Check if the mouse works properly.
2. Check if the warranty is still active for entire duration for the serial number mouse you have.
3. If logitech shows it, check if warranty has already been registered against the product you own.

If all 3 are okay and you don't want to go through the hassle of returning stuff, I think it should be okay to use this.

i don't think companies require the box whem RMAing. Atleast that has been my experience so far.

However, if it would put you at mental peace to have the right serial matched to the right box, raise a return request.

The big e-tailers (Amazon, Flipkart) will do it readily as long as it has an Amazon fulfilled return/replacement policy.
The smaller etailers (PrimeABGB, Vedant) might require unboxing videos. Even Amazon and Flipkart might.
Local dealers, YMMV.

Out of curiosity, did you check if the pack was sealed properly and not resealed or anything of the like?

I've had the same issue years ago on G402 IIRC. I googled and found out that the Logitech mice serial numbers don't match. I knew just by reading the title that I'll find Logitech in this thread. I have bought 4-5 mice from Logitech since then and the serial numbers never match.

Thanks guys and sorry for being missing. Have been busy with work a lot and my current mouse started developing the double click issue right in the middle of heavy work. I have kept the mouse after finding out online that Logitech mouse have different S/N than the box. Although I haven't been able to even check this mouse in 3 days. Gotta check it now I guess

Back