i just bought a system yesterday from SMC International, conig is

Core i5 750
MSI CD53 MOBO
G-Skill 4GB 1333 MHz
MSI NVidia 9800GT MD1G GPU
Cooler Master 600 PSU + Elite 330
22" Dell Monitor

Problems i m facing :

* i ve installed XP Pro 64 bit, but it took 2 hrs to install.
* The response to mouse clicks are very slow around 3-4 sec in windows only
* Takes a lot of time in installation or copying any application/ data.
* I ve installed resident evil 5 fps are good 80 fps at 1280*1040 (game is running amazing).
* Internet Explorer is extremely slow. Please help.
Should i install 32 bit XP.

^Any specific reasons for avoiding Windows 7 Ultimate x64? What drivers have you installed for the 9800GT? Have you installed the 64bit version for the Service Pack 2?

A bit OT but did those SMC guys actually recommend you the Cooler Master 600 PSU?

achintsetia said:
Core i5 750

MSI CD53 MOBO

G-Skill 4GB 1333 MHz

MSI NVidia 9800GT MD1G GPU

Cooler Master 600 PSU + Elite 330

Question:

Why did you spend so much money on the cpu+mobo+ram and using this card?

Is extreme series series psu? Heck why are you using a cm extreme 600w?

Why have you bought this rig when there was a better (for gaming) rig that was suggested over here?

Most of all, how can you say that the game is running amazing when you're just getting 5 FPS?

Advice given is as good as the one who seeks for it.

All said and done, I wouldn't recommend starting the system with this power supply, let alone troubleshooting it. Troubleshooting is one thing, troubleshooting on an unbalanced pc is just plain silly. Prevention is better than cure. If you are planning to ignore this, then I salute you!

After you get a decent enough power supply, update the bios, maybe msi has some compatibility issues with some rams. If that doesn't work, google and download hwmonitor and put in the screenshot of the temps.

Check the pio mode or it is in dma mode .the pio mode uses the processor for all tasks that could be done by the chipset. Leaving the processor free for other tasks.also processor does not adept with those instructions so slower processing resulting lower transfer rates.

The Sorcerer said:
Question:
Why did you spend so much money on the cpu+mobo+ram and using this card?
Is extreme series series psu? Heck why are you using a cm extreme 600w?
Why have you bought this rig when there was a better (for gaming) rig that was suggested over here?
Most of all, how can you say that the game is running amazing when you're just getting 5 FPS?

Advice given is as good as the one who seeks for it.
All said and done, I wouldn't recommend starting the system with this power supply, let alone troubleshooting it. Troubleshooting is one thing, troubleshooting on an unbalanced pc is just plain silly. Prevention is better than cure. If you are planning to ignore this, then I salute you!

After you get a decent enough power supply, update the bios, maybe msi has some compatibility issues with some rams. If that doesn't work, google and download hwmonitor and put in the screenshot of the temps.

Dude game is running on 80 fps (avg of 15 mins.), there is no prob with PSU. All games are running on full video settings, but the only thing m worried is OS. Its response is very slow.

XP 64 bit FTW !
Check out my signature .
I have got Core i5 750 + MSI P55 CD53 + ATI 4890
Seriously the rig is totally unbalanced . I mean 9800gt with Core i5 750 FTW
Whoever assembled it has no idea about how to balance a rig
Your XP 64bit is not genuine but modified version like Black Edition ( Has to be or else it shouldn't take that long . At max 40 mins , not more )
Switch to Windows 7 64 bit . You'll have no problems

The Sorcerer said:

He meant he installed Resident Evil 5 and he's getting 80 fps @ 1280x1024

Windows XP 64 bit is total crap OS

Yep, if you use a modified version of XP 64-bit or if your OS is not genuine , then please switch to Windows 7 X64.

XP 64 has been discontinued doesn't even have SP3 . Switch to Windows 7 X64 as I've done. It's truly way better.

WinXP - 64BIT is just fine. I used it for 1.5 years, and never faced an issue. I doubt even a cracked version would cause response to be slow. You sure, no virus has slip streamed into the installation, or bloatware while installing. Check your installations closely..applications running, pager file should be 1.5 x total hardware memory. Seems like teething issues, which should be fixable.

Back