Bout to purchase Idea Blade. Need some clarifications and pointers on it.

funnyguy

Recruit
Hi guys,

got my htc wildfire s stolen half a year back. waited this long to buy myself a phone with 10k budget. settled on zte blade after much fact finding and reading posts here. i have the following concerns before i place an order for the same:

1) Micro SD HC cards work with this mobile? i was going to purchase class 4 18gb transcend card from flipkart for 850/- along with the phone

2) this phone will last a day for a casual user ( very few calls, sms's, an hour or two of surfing and an hour of music ), right?

3) cyanogen latest version will make this phone stable, right? also, if one reverts to original factory settings ( default os version ), warranty can be invoked, right?

4) android market has an app which will let me watch .mkv, .avi and xvid movies and serials on this phone?

5) you can touch and zoom in / out while on a web page with this phone, right?

6) i've read it on the review section of flipkart, but this phone is not carrier locked, right? i've got a VF sim and have no intention of switching to idea.

I apologize if my language seems slightly inappropriate. I'm on bed rest, and typing just isnt the same. Any help on this matter would be most appreciated. I'm looking to place an order as soon as someone answers my doubts.

also, my apologies for being bitten by the 'right'-bug. i guess its a sign of nervous buyer hiccups!

Thanks ya'll
<

Hi guys,

got my htc wildfire s stolen half a year back. waited this long to buy myself a phone with 10k budget. settled on zte blade after much fact finding and reading posts here. i have the following concerns before i place an order for the same:

1) Micro SD HC cards work with this mobile? i was going to purchase class 4 18gb transcend card from flipkart for 850/- along with the phone

Yes a 16GB (18GB is typo I guess) Class 4 will be supported by Idea Blade, You can also have a look at 16GB Class 6 Samsung Micro Sd card from Homeshop18 & use discount coupon to get it for Rs.820

2) this phone will last a day for a casual user ( very few calls, sms's, an hour or two of surfing and an hour of music ), right?

Yes phone will last for a day for req you provided above

3) cyanogen latest version will make this phone stable, right? also, if one reverts to original factory settings ( default os version ), warranty can be invoked, right?

Yes there is a stable CM7 rom available for Idea Blade, which is the same model as ZTE Blade & DELL XCD35, also you can easily revert back to your Original Rom as it was before flashing new rom.

4) android market has an app which will let me watch .mkv, .avi and xvid movies and serials on this phone?

There are tons of players available in Android Market to play almost all of standard video formats, Moboplayer is one of better players available but you can choose any of one.

5) you can touch and zoom in / out while on a web page with this phone, right?

Yes you can Pinch & zoom in out while browsing itself, for better Pinch & zoom use CM7 Rom as stock rom is sluggish for most blades

6) i've read it on the review section of flipkart, but this phone is not carrier locked, right? i've got a VF sim and have no intention of switching to idea.

Regarding carrier lock you have to do some research since its branded as IDEA Blade, you cant predict unless its clearly mentioned that is Carrier Unlocked, else you have to rely on review posted by Buyers on FK

Lastly also look for other sites selling DELL XCD 35/ ZTE Blade/ Idea Blade at lower prices, although flipkart is best at customer service when compared to rest of Online Shopping Sites.

Don't go for Idea blade as there is no way to unlock RAM to 256MB. Its camera won't work with CM.

For clarifications read last post of this thread.

If you can get dell XCD 35(very difficult as it is out of stock in most places) bingo!!

Don't go for Idea blade as there is no way to unlock RAM to 256MB. Its camera won't work with CM.

For clarifications read last post of this thread.

If you can get dell XCD 35(very difficult as it is out of stock in most places) bingo!!

Stop misguiding

idea blade is gen2 phone with 512mb ram

and there is no reason why the camera wouldnt work

Hi guys,

From where i stand, a little less ram aint gonna kill me. as i mentioned earlier, i am mostly going to be doing one thing at a time - surfing or listening music. Now i understand that xcd35 wud hve been great, but i ordered the phone and a 16gb class 4 san disk card for 8.7k from FK. though i did read that post, the camera not working with cm mod somehow didn't strike me, maybe cos its my almost 1st andrd phone.

Now that i am going to be a idea blade user, any tips on how can i make my journey as comfortable as possible with this h/s?

Back