Brain Teasers

Hi,
i am starting this thread on brain teasers.
Rules:

• One question shall be posted here.
  • Others may try to answer it.
  • If answer is found, the person who gave correct answer is allowed to post another one only after the answer is approved by the original poster.
  • Incase of inactivity for more than 24 hours, please contact the staff before posting in this thread with a new question.
  • To maintain the good spirit in this thread, please donot google for the solution of the questions.
  • Not following of the above rules and unnecessary posting of replies like "hmmm...", "cool", "next question" etc. will not be entertained and may be treated as spam and deleted.
  • By posting in this thread, you agree to all the above rules.
  • The word of the staff of TechEnclave is final in any disputes that may arise.

Here goes.....

Question:

Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive?

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
my turn:
(taken from net :p )
(plz don't google it... try to answer without googling :p )
You find yourself on a game show called "Let's Make A Deal." The game is very simple. There are three doors: door #1, door #2, and door #3. Behind one door is a million dollars. The other two doors contain worthless joke prizes. All you have to do is pick which door you want to open, and you get whatever is behind it. But you only get to open one door. By simple math, then, you obviously have a 1 in 3 chance of picking the correct door and becoming an instant millionaire.

You pick a door. As soon as you tell Monty (the gameshow host) what door you want to open, he stops and says, "Okay, you've made your choice. Now, I'm going to do what we always do here on this game. I'm going to open one of the other two doors for you that I know has a booby prize." And he does so. Then he asks, "Okay, now, would you like to stay with your original guess, or would you like to switch to the other door that's still closed? You only get one shot, so do you want to stay with your original choice, or switch?"

Here's the question: is there any compelling reason to switch doors?

To be clear, there is no trickery, and Monty is not cheating. Furthermore, the money has not moved, will not be moved, and if you open the right door, you win the cash. Money is either behind the door you first picked, or behind the remaining unopened door. Should you switch?

Yo,

hmm.

i read dat explaination.

BUT,

da reason y i said no was.

U R In India, due ta da corruption existin' these days, i guess dat da game show host would work for his own profit and will make us change da door even when we are right.

I said no as i thought that the question should have read...
Would you rather let a crocodile attack you or an alligator?

but,
reading the question again,
I would rather the crocodile attack the alligator. is my answer:p

Back