Brand New Addition - OCZ Modxtreme Pro 700

mav2000

Skilled
Hey guys, got myself a brand new PSU for my rig. Its the OCZ Modxtreme Pro 700W modular PSU. Just a few pics that I took before I fit it in. Thanks Nuke666.
Sorry for the bad quality pics, but was too exited abt installing this, that I would not even leave to go get the camera.

It comes with a huge 140 mm fan, which I cannot hear at all, and overall is a very heavy and beefy unit. I know you guys will say that its overkill for my current rig, but who says the time for upgrading is over. Wait on for new suprises... (I hope):clap:

The unit comes very nicely packed, with all the cables in a seperate bag and the instruction booklet and all mounting screws and accessories. Its a pretty heavy unit, heavier than most PSU's I have seen till date, and thats a small indication of the build quality. I have got it going and am still to test the PSU, but I dont think my current rig will put much of a dent on it. SO will keep this post updated anyway.:hap2:

Nice.... finally someone got the sense to get this great PSU... I was amazed how long the sale thread continued with nuke666 bumping it so many times....

Congrats man... would have surely bought it if was buying a PSU .....

ronnie_gogs said:
Nice.... finally someone got the sense to get this great PSU... I was amazed how long the sale thread continued with nuke666 bumping it so many times....
Congrats man... would have surely bought it if was buying a PSU .....
There is nothing extreme about this psu nor is it preferred by professionals.

infact this series is one of the most Rma'ed psu of OCZ.
oh but i forget here peeps just like the lights, glitz and glamour. The product should look good, it does not matter whether it is bad or better alternatives are available at cheaper prices.

^^ :rofl:....

Extreme and professional.... :p....

All I see is a new 700 watts Modular PSU which is has good efficiency... didn't know it had any bling bling :p ....

And the OP got it a good price, why do you plan on ruining someone's purchase just because you think its bad....

Congrats again mate ....

Thanks Sidhuji ronni and Uday. Now to other issues:

There will always be that special someone on everyones thread running down what that person has done or got.

BTW Obama, let me put it this way, its modular, its been pretty cheap for me to get, its has a top rated power of 700W and is 80% plus. AT new egg 70% rated this product as 5/5, which includes all types of people, but still gives a good indication of the product quality. HardOCP, which is one of the best sites for power supply reviews failed this product only on the last test, which was at a full load of 700 watts, but otherwise passed it in all other tests upto 80% load, still giving more than 80+ efficiency. SO thats not bad at all, infact I would say 7 out of 10 PSU's fail at hardocp's and the reviewer clearly mentions, that it is a good power supply, but not the very best. The very best in this case would be something like a seasonic build, which in this case would cost me double of what I paid.

Anyway I would love to see your system specs, so that I can actually figure out what you own and find lovely reviews for evey single component.

Please remember for evry good review of a product there is always a bad one available. So its not that difficult to get a bad review or a bad opinion on anything or anyone. Cheers.

mav2000 said:
Thanks Sidhuji ronni and Uday. Now to other issues:
There will always be that special someone on everyones thread running down what that person has done or got.
BTW Obama, let me put it this way, its modular, its been pretty cheap for me to get, its has a top rated power of 700W and is 80% plus. AT new egg 70% rated this product as 5/5, which includes all types of people, but still gives a good indication of the product quality. HardOCP, which is one of the best sites for power supply reviews failed this product only on the last test, which was at a full load of 700 watts, but otherwise passed it in all other tests upto 80% load, still giving more than 80+ efficiency. SO thats not bad at all, infact I would say 7 out of 10 PSU's fail at hardocp's and the reviewer clearly mentions, that it is a good power supply, but not the very best. The very best in this case would be something like a seasonic build, which in this case would cost me double of what I paid.
Anyway I would love to see your system specs, so that I can actually figure out what you own and find lovely reviews for evey single component.
Please remember for evry good review of a product there is always a bad one available. So its not that difficult to get a bad review or a bad opinion on anything or anyone. Cheers.
i was just replying to a members post who had implied that this was the top of the class psu etc...i fail to agree with that members point of view.
BTW: how many members here have actually opened a psu ever in their life and can identify the function of all the components? or even understand the concept of a SMPS,dynamic loads and the relation of various outputs with each other.I doubt there would be more than a handful of them. so before any member disagrees with me kindly open a psu first and then make any expert claims or wisecrack remarks. dont post your ignorance and reconfirm my claim that although this is a tech forum but sadly form has greater weightage than function here in this forum site.
@mad2000,

The OP. This is not a POS (Piece of S**T) psu but it is not the psu which you can push to the limit, or run it with high loads for extended period of time so take proper care on loads and you will get uninturrupted service from it for the next 2~3 years hopefully, else you can always utilize the excellent RMA service of OCZ.:hap2:
normally i would not have commented in this thread but i had to remove certain misconceptions of ignorant members.

@ Obama - Ok thanks for your valuable inputs. Take it easy, you have your point of view and its ok with me. But go easy on your comments on members including me. Baki aap ki marji.

But please do post your system specs, would love to see what you are using.

Otherwise thanks guys, if you see my specs its not going to stress this PSU even to 35-40% of its limit, so its more a future proof purchase.

Back