Laptops bringing HP dv3 from abroad.

anjath

Disciple
i want to know if i will be able to repair dv3 or dv3600 series laptop from india if there is any trouble. warranty is international but i called up the service center and they clearly said it wont be accepted since such a model doesnt exist here. moreover i want to know if repairing is possible if i pay cash.

thanks in advance!

anjath said:
i want to know if i will be able to repair dv3 or dv3600 series laptop from india if there is any trouble. warranty is international but i called up the service center and they clearly said it wont be accepted since such a model doesnt exist here. moreover i want to know if repairing is possible if i pay cash.

thanks in advance!

No, if the model isnt available here, it usually wont be possible to replace any parts etc if required, even if you pay for it.

In fact, in warranty, they may somehow make you wait some time and get you a part (IF its international warranty and valid here), but there may be some constraints in there too on part availability. Check the warranty doc.

Once any such warranty expires and if the model isnt available here, they will NOT provide any repair/replacement/service, no matter how much you offer to pay.

Thats why I prefer Dell. Most models are available both places, so service isnt an issue. And international warranty is easy to get and they honor it without any fuss.

PS: I thought the dv3 was listed on hte HP india site? Check up.

techie_007 said:
No, if the model isnt available here, it usually wont be possible to replace any parts etc if required, even if you pay for it.

In fact, in warranty, they may somehow make you wait some time and get you a part (IF its international warranty and valid here), but there may be some constraints in there too on part availability. Check the warranty doc.

Once any such warranty expires and if the model isnt available here, they will NOT provide any repair/replacement/service, no matter how much you offer to pay.

Thats why I prefer Dell. Most models are available both places, so service isnt an issue. And international warranty is easy to get and they honor it without any fuss.

PS: I thought the dv3 was listed on hte HP india site? Check up.

no its not available. although there is a link. i dont know why they have place that link there.

Back