Graphic Cards Broad White Lines on Display. Help :(

Its has been 4-5 days, and whenever i am switching on my pc (asus 4870, phenom ii x4 and msi 785g mobo), from bootup motherboard logo screen i am getting two white bands on screen. After about 10-15 tries they disappear but the icons in windows and even the startup screen have many pixels nibbled/blank. Is it my gpu's fault or it can be pcie slot as well?

Right now i am on my onboard graphics and everything is fine. I have put my gpu in rice incase its moisture issue. Please help.

Its simple. Your onboard videos isnt giving you the trouble so its your gfx card. If its under warranty get it repaired/replaced. It seems thats its overheating. Open its heat sink and peep inside, remove the old thick paste and apply some good one like mx2 etc. Then test it again.

Its simple. Your onboard videos isnt giving you the trouble so its your gfx card. If its under warranty get it repaired/replaced. It seems thats its overheating. Open its heat sink and peep inside, remove the old thick paste and apply some good one like mx2 etc. Then test it again.

Its giving those lines from the very first screen when the motherboard vendor logo screen appear. How it can overheat that fast? Secondly, can it be the problem with pci express slot as well?

They said they will replace / repair the GPU. My GPU was definitely failing. Am sure yours is too. PCI slot doesnt go bad unless you have tried to force something in or force something out ( that too is rare) . If the GPU was working fine, and went bad suddenly ( without you tampering with the PCI slot) - its most definitely GPU gone bad)

Back