Broke my new Cabinets, 4mm tempered glass side panel :( MSI MAG FORGE 110

Futureized

Skilled
This is a new Cabinet bought on 2nd July, 2022 (just 2 days ago) :(

After debugging ram, went ahead to fit the glass panel back to cabinet..
Wasn't sure if the same was so delicate, kept glass panel on cabinet, glass slipped and broke to pieces :(

Is there something which can be done.. (bought cabinet from a hardware dealer who was a college friend))
Left panel of cabinet is completely open now.

This is a new Cabinet bought on 2nd July, 2022 (just 2 days ago) :(

After debugging ram, went ahead to fit the glass panel back to cabinet..
Wasn't sure if the same was so delicate, kept glass panel on cabinet, glass slipped and broke to pieces :(

Is there something which can be done.. (bought cabinet from a hardware dealer who was a college friend))
Left panel of cabinet is completely open now.
Post the invoice by raising ticket via this: https://in.msi.com/support/case

Attachments

• bill.jpg
    bill.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 116
if they have stock, then in a week else months based on shipments and all stuff. took forever for corsair to do that for me. it was like 6 to 7 months for me :p
Will first check if they have something in stock..
What are other options if glass in unavailable ? or no idea about time/days required for replacement ?
Cant keep cabinet open..

Get Perfortated steel metal sheet. Should improve airflow considerably by some amount compared to glass/acrylic ones. Metal alone can absorb some heat inside. Can tie 120/140mm fan to the side panel if there is enough space inside.

Get Perfortated steel metal sheet. Should improve airflow considerably by some amount compared to glass/acrylic ones. Metal alone can absorb some heat inside. Can tie 120/140mm fan to the side panel if there is enough space inside.
defeats the purpose of buying a case with side panel :p
It took 7 days for me for the entire process to be completed and they shipped me the side panel by letting me pay for shipping else the glass is free of course.
corsair doesn't ask for shipping also. it's just the time was of the Covid peak so shipments were delayed. but lucky you, you got it in just 7 days ;)

In case contacting MSI does not works, can i get a toughened glass panel made with local glass shops ?
Can request them to come home, take exact measurements and do needful ?
Get holes on 4 cornet drilled as well ?

In case contacting MSI does not works, can i get a toughened glass panel made with local glass shops ?
Can request them to come home, take exact measurements and do needful ?
Get holes on 4 cornet drilled as well ?
they will charge heavily as much as I know. I did though the same and the costing was going above 3k or something for me. I have no idea if the quote was right or if they were overcharging. the panel cost ₹1100 to me. Shipped! as much as corsair said. so I waited instead of investing in the other option. check the cost to item ratio and then decided.

I think acrylic sheet would be the best/cheapest/easiest option.
I have called a local glass center guy, will check with him as well.
Can i get a carbon color, transparent acrylic sheet and have the same drilled by maker on 4 corners to get screws attached ?
Like attachment.

Attachments

• glass 1.png
    glass 1.png
    310.8 KB · Views: 100
  • glass 2.png
    glass 2.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 68
  • glass 3.png
    glass 3.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 61
  • glass 4.png
    glass 4.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 94
I have called a local glass center guy, will check with him as well.
Can i get a carbon color, transparent acrylic sheet and have the same drilled by maker on 4 corners to get screws attached ?
Like attachment.
Whats that half tinted half clear glass?

Yes, you can get holes drilled. You can also sand the rough edges on all the 4 sides using sandpaper.

Found this on Google, dunno about reliability/trustworthiness of the website.
Thanks will check with few local Acrylic guys today.
Whats that half tinted half clear glass?
Not sure what you meant @nRiTeCh
2 local glass guy gave an estimate of around 1300 to 1500 INR for 4mm TOUGHENED glass sidepanel with 4 holes on corners etc.
Both of them suggested to go for acrylic sheets only drawback being, it will get rough marks soon and turn yellowish with time.. (nature of that material)
Pros of having acrylic sheet is, it wont break to pieces like glass if I have to open system once/twice a month as needed.

Is breakage covered under warranty?
It's covered under warranty for everything else but we have to pay for the glass panel along with shipping. For like switches, buttons & caddies any irregularity is discovered then they will replace the entire cabinet.
Regarding Deepcool solid side panel they did for me. Regarding Corsair transparent side panel they did for me, replacements but nowadays the policy might have changed somewhat.

Back