PC Peripherals Brother L2541-DW wifi printer regular issues

raksrules

Elite
I have a brother L2541-DW printer which also has wifi functionality. Usually the printer works well and we print stuff over wifi all the time. But many a times out of nowhere, it will stop printing. As in, when sending a document over wifi to print, the print would keep staying In "sleep" or "deep sleep" mode.
There is no proper fix for this and it is all trial and error. I usually factory reset the machine and then connect back to my home wifi and hope it works. If it doesn't, I reset settings, reset machine, basically reset whatever i can.
There is no guarantee this will fix the issue. Sometimes it does, other times I have to keep trying.

When this happens, whenever i give a document to print, it will show "printer is busy" message. I don't think it is network issue as even when I use wifi direct and connect to printer directly from phone and still it won't print.

Is anyone else having similar issue and is there a sure shot way to fix this?

No idea, never faced the problem. Then i tend to do 100x more scanning than printing with this printer. For the odd job now and then its always 'just worked'
But many a times out of nowhere, it will stop printing. As in, when sending a document over wifi to print, the print would keep staying In "sleep" or "deep sleep" mode.
I have a feeling this is a networking issue as in printer has a dynamic IP address which changed and your client cannot locate it. So the client pinging the last known address fails to wake up the printer.

There was some utility I downloaded a while back from brother's website that fixes this problem. Just cannot remember what it is called right now.

No idea, never faced the problem. Then i tend to do 100x more scanning than printing with this printer. For the odd job now and then its always 'just worked'

I have a feeling this is a networking issue as in printer has a dynamic IP address which changed and your client cannot locate it. So the client pinging the last known address fails to wake up the printer.

There was some utility I downloaded a while back from brother's website that fixes this problem. Just cannot remember what it is called right now.
If you find it let me know. Also, do you think that if I take printer's mac and feed in my router and assign a static ip in my subnet (like say 192.168.29.20), it may probably fix this?

Back