Laptops Brothers lenovo laptop not charging & not booting

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Brother owns Lenovo g500s laptop bought in Sep 2013. All was well without any fault indication and suddenly this monday the laptop refused to charge and power on.:(

Troubleshooting steps taken:-

Removed battery and kept it out overnight.
Kept pressed power button on laptop for 30secs to discharge any built-up static.
Tried diff.wall sockets.

Finally nothing worked and then laptops white led lights are now blinking in red continuously. (I assume its due to warning signal of extreme low battery levels--not quite sure though)

Took the laptop to lamington shop from where it was bought.
The person tried another brand new charger and waited for 15-20mins but no result. Same red led blinking and laptop not powering on, no display and not charging. No improvement.

That guy said "graphics card chip has gone hence all these issues"
Rubbish.... What the hell gfx chip or any component got to do with charging? :wtf:

I assume theres something wrong with charger socket or circuit.

I fear that like all service centers, lenovo will also say that mobo is gone and has to be replaced.:blackeye: and it will cost a bomb!!!

So how to find the exact fault? So we can actually convince lenovo that this is the fault and just repair it and no need for a complete mobo replacement?:confused:

I had my old laptop z570 and it wasn't powering ON aswell. I went to a local shop and asked the guy, he got every componont out lol to check the mobo. Turns out some kind of "HM" chip was gone bad. Generally Lenovo says whole mobo needs to be changed but the guy said it will cost 3k and i agreed, in 2 days I got the laptop back in good condition, all well. :)

Oh. Nice. Whats you location?
Can you give me more info. on that HM chip and what is it responsible for?

J&K

The technician said HM chip is responsible for power supply and it was short because it was exposed to water.. but that didn't make sense to me, and upon doing google search, I didn't find anything on HM chip.

Service center guys have no experience in repairing. They are trained only to replace the faulty component. Better repair it from outside.

Ya theres no such HM chip even I googled.
I'll first ask bro to rectify the fault at serv. center. Lets see what they conclude??

If they say for a complete mobo replace then its a strict NO!
And if they agree to repair/replace just the faulty component then we can think upon.

Ya theres no such HM chip even I googled.
I'll first ask bro to rectify the fault at serv. center. Lets see what they conclude??

If they say for a complete mobo replace then its a strict NO!
And if they agree to repair/replace just the faulty component then we can think upon.

Most of the big service center does not do chip level service in recent times. They just want to replace the mother board which is more easier and also profitable for them.[DOUBLEPOST=1424629134][/DOUBLEPOST]laptops white led lights are now blinking in red continuously

This is usually main board problem. I had a Dell and had exactly the same problem and was told at the Dell service center that the MB needs to be changed and they quoted half the cost of the laptop. Tried with other reliable laptop service centers and they also gave the same answer. Just sold the laptop for couple of thousand rupees.

Last edited:
I googled for service centers but websites are showing all confused addresses. Anybody with some valid add on western line, Mumbai?

Back