CPU/Mobo Brown color stain on new motherboard. Possible cap leak?

RadarHz

Disciple
motherboard_brown_cap.jpg

New ASRock B450 board I had ordered from Amazon. Came with an open seal, which didn't worry me too much since it's probably for BIOS update purposes. Box had a "Ryzen 3000 ready" sticker applied too which supports the conclusion.

But when I took it out, I noticed a small but noticeable brown splotch (photo) near the audio caps (?) which worried me. Don't want to take any risks, so I went for a replacement right away. Looking for other people's opinion if this is a potential risk. The fact that it's near a capacitor worries me slightly more, but the capacitor itself looks clean, no visible cracks or swelling. I also can't test it since I sold off the only AMD cpu i had, and the new one isn't here yet.

Thoughts?

Check if the top of those caps is flat or bulged. If they're bulged, they've gone bad. I wouldnt worry about the yellow splotch, it just might be some residual flux.

The seller might have updated the BIOS for you and thats why the seal might have been opened.

Got a replacement from Amazon which didn't have any stains. Worked well until one fine day the B1 ram slot decided to **** off. Returned it and got a different model.

Back