BSNL blocking Torrent??

Neotheone

Figuring stuff out
Adept
Well I've been downloading a lot of ahmmm.... stuff....... from the internet lately and all of a sudden for the last 3 days, I can't seem to d/l anything @ all. I use utorrent, and was wondering if it was my ISP , BSNL who's somehow blocking transfer via utorrent? I have Unlimited 256KBPS conn, so I don't think they can legaly restrict the P2P transfers......And is there any simple workaround ?

PS: There is no problem downloading stuff normally via IE, or D/L managers.....

Try another client....

Coz when I was using utorrent, the same thing happened.... I used it for 1 week or so and after that, all downloads stopped....I tried the same torrents on Bit Comet, and they started downloading instantly....

Weird. I was using bitcomet till now, and had same experience as thread starter for past 3 days. No probs with utorrents though. Try shifting to utorrent or azureus.

^^ Encryption wont help as they most probably are using a firewall with IDS to block ports and limiting the number of open tcp connections via IDS.

BitComet rocks! Try shifting to it..might help!

Its funny but even with ports forwarded, my speeds with utorrent sucked..But no such issues with BitComet.. :)

uTorrent working perfectly with BSNL for me.
It's the best and most used BT client; people who can't get it working properly are probably just using bad settings.

hey guys I enabled outgoing encryption and somehow it's working again, albeit @ relatively slower speeds.Does that @ all mean that the BSNL guys actually blocked P2P traffic .... coz i must've downloaded close to 10 GB this month....

saumilsingh said:
uTorrent working perfectly with BSNL for me.
It's the best and most used BT client; people who can't get it working properly are probably just using bad settings.

You sure assume a lot...Our office guys (me included) use a sh1tload of torrents - utorrent, azureus, bit comet, bitlord to name a few, and I've found utorrent slower unless port forwarding is configured properly. No such problems with bit comet or azureus.

It is popular though...well the oft travelled path is also the most worn out...old chinese proverb :p

Bitcomet shows higher speeds but wastes 100mb every 6hours. And that's at just 256k.

It won't show up under wasted data, only when you manually add up the amount downloaded and amount remaining figures.

vandal said:
You sure assume a lot...Our office guys (me included) use a sh1tload of torrents - utorrent, azureus, bit comet, bitlord to name a few, and I've found utorrent slower unless port forwarding is configured properly. No such problems with bit comet or azureus.

It is popular though...well the oft travelled path is also the most worn out...old chinese proverb :p

Bit comet misreports speeds, check manually how much is being dloaded per hr. Also as Saumil said Bitcomet wastes a lot data, and most of the torrent sides have blocked bitcomet.

Now as Bittorrent have bought Utorrent, its easily is gonna be the best client.

Neotheone said:
hey guys I enabled outgoing encryption and somehow it's working again, albeit @ relatively slower speeds.Does that @ all mean that the BSNL guys actually blocked P2P traffic .... coz i must've downloaded close to 10 GB this month....
Dude ... dont worry .. i ve downloaded 16 GB:eek:hyeah: till now from 1st Dec. they dont throttle the connection after certain GB. and i use utorrent .. dont have any prob with it . Azereus is System hogger .:no:

^system hogger eh? in woot sense?

u must be using or tried ancient version of Azureus..:p

if u are talkin abt the memory which is ~47 mb from my screenshot..

it is to reduce the disk read-write....thats better considering the long term use...the HDDs' will last longer...(negligiable...but still counts)

& see this another screenshots..

unlike many other torrents like BC...the discarded data is comparitively less..

(cant show any big torrents cause i cleared off all the completed torrents... )

Back