BSNL Broadband Keeps Disconnecting

Neville25

Disciple
Hello members, I am in Pune & my BSNL Broadband keeps disconnecting & re connecting after every few minutes. This causes great problems if I am chatting or downloading. I have complained since months & BSNL always send someone over to check but the problem has yet not been rectified. Can someone please help me in resolving this problem or suggesting an alternative option? Unfortunately, in Lulla Nagar area where I stay, I have been told BSNL is the only service provider. Thank You.

Have you checked diagnostic page on router.I am sure its all atm diagnostic errors.

What mode you using pppoe or bridge mode.

Bridge mode works best.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

Thank you.

This is the error message I got while checking:

Test the connection to your local network Test your ENET(1-4) Connection: PASS
Test your Wireless Connection: PASS
Test the connection to your DSL service provider Test ADSL Synchronization: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL
Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: FAIL
Test the connection to your Internet service provider Test PPP server connection: PASS
Test authentication with ISP: PASS
Test the assigned IP address: PASS
Ping default gateway: PASS
Ping primary Domain Name Server: PASS
How do I resolve this please?

Regards

Does the internet disconnect at a particular time (like say night time)?

I had this problem previously on bsnl bb and when i complained the guy on the phone would say "server problem, will be normal soon." Thankfully, nowadays this problem does not recur. I think it is problem from bsnl.

sorry for late reply.we both are in same boat.

What we are facing is authentication errors.

so best way out is if you have single pc to connect.,use BRIDGE mode.

it works best.

bsnl guys are a**.they dont bother about it.

Thank you all.

The internet disconnects all the time.

Yes, the modem restarts every few mins.

I am having this problem for a very long time now & bsnl guys say everything is OK at their end & this is how it will be:(

thats what they did with me as well.

I suggest you swap your modem.

If its in warranty,you can ask them to replace it and take it to their office(bsnl exchange).

test it their.

that seems to open their eyes.

As you said modem restart itself during the disconnection period, by that do you mean ADSL link alone or fully reset? ADSL link drop could be a line issue as well as modem failure. Check SNR values in the modem admin page, if comes below 10 then its noisy telephone line(ADSL splitter, Dry joints, BSNL DP pair, interference in the ADSL line other than modem) As suggested by "pratikb" try another modem along with a new ADSL splitter.

Good Luck.

^^like suggested in the above post. Do check your SNR margins. If they are 6 or below, you are prone to frequent disconnections. The Normal value should be around 10-15. I had the same problem too, then when i checked the landline there was so much noise becoming the root of my problem. I got the line fixed with new cable. Register a complaint with BSNL stating noise in your telephone line, they should contact you in maybe 2-3 years(sarcastic) and come home and fix your line.

its quite usual in our area-BTM, Bangalore-during weekends...its either this or high pings. spoils weekend quakelive sessions for me. but still hanging on as i'm on a very suitable plan, but these problems get corrected usually in time.

OP can check his landline for any noticeable disturbances as suggested by others and start from there.

Back