BSNL EVDO Torrentz help

I'd say be happy with it..

I was not getting even 15kBps for Rapidshare (Premium Acc) or torrents or say plain browsing..

Even though i had reception of 3 towers..

I dont know why you guys facing such problems. but i do get good speed most of the time. RS OR MEGAUPLOAD. Always fluctuate between 150-200 KB.

Torrent (Private Tracker) 200+ .

^ you must be living near the tower I guess.

Max speed I got till date 1 mbps , that once or twice.

For torrenting its useless, anyway.

BSNL EVDO operates with one static IP with every user in the network connecting through a proxy to the static IP. That means no port forwarding possible.. Simply put remote users cannot connect to you and torrent speeds will be pathetic. A disadvantage with EVDO :/

Port forwarding makes a considerable difference..Even with dedicated ip, you can notice the difference in speed is more than 50% generally..

buBleZ said:
BSNL EVDO operates with one static IP with every user in the network connecting through a proxy to the static IP. That means no port forwarding possible.. Simply put remote users cannot connect to you and torrent speeds will be pathetic. A disadvantage with EVDO :/

No problems with Tata EVDO here in Chennai. Avg speeds on private tracker torrents is 150+ :)

Freaky said:
No problems with Tata EVDO here in Chennai. Avg speeds on private tracker torrents is 150+ :)

U r just lucky to have either good seeders / good speeds from your tower.. EVDO no where has a port forwarding :) I am sure if it is enabled u will get lot more speeds

Party Monger said:
Port forwarding makes a considerable difference..Even with dedicated ip, you can notice the difference in speed is more than 50% generally..

I don't think the bsnl evdo modems have an option to allow port forwarding.

Back