bsnl ftth issues

MrdK

Disciple
My bsnl ftth does not load youtube, facebook etc. Generally sometimes it feels like struggling to load some webpages and especially social media apps. When i turn on my mobile data at that time things get fine. is there any solution for this? changing dns value do anything?

My bsnl ftth does not load youtube, facebook etc. Generally sometimes it feels like struggling to load some webpages and especially social media apps. When i turn on my mobile data at that time things get fine. is there any solution for this? changing dns value do anything?

Try reducing the MTU value in your modem or router to 1400 or even 1300 ?

Try reducing the MTU value in your modem or router to 1400 or even 1300 ?
Thanks, sure will try this
Try these DNS servers:
Thank you, i will try to change the MTU values and DNS server. I did this before but later bsnl replaced my router.
Also is there any way to reduce the power in the optical fiber? it should be not more than -13db, right?
putting a bend in the cable helps with reducing the power?

Yes i do understand that, i think -21db is least acceptable power with generic router and -13db is the maximum. if we are receiving more than -13db then there is a chance for issues to come up with router. There are some power related things like this. So i was wondering if my issue is because of this. When i took an ftth connection the power at my end on fiber was more than -13db, it was like -10 or -11 db, so the bsnl employee put a knot in the fiber by bending it to reduce the power, but after some months of usage i removed the knot when there were many ftth customers and i was experiencing speed loss.

if we are receiving more than -13db then there is a chance for issues to come up with router.
Umm, sorry. I don't know anything about it.

Have you checked if you getting constant connection? Do try ping -t google.com on cmd. It shouldn't show any dropped packet.

let me try all these. first of all i need to find the password for the admin login.
If you can't find your password, you can specify the DNS server addresses on your individual device by accessing the WiFi Properties.

In Windows: Settings -> Network & Internet -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Click on your WiFi connection -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties -> "Use the following DNS server addresses"

If you can't find your password, you can specify the DNS server addresses on your individual device by accessing the WiFi Properties.

In Windows: Settings -> Network & Internet -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Click on your WiFi connection -> Properties -> Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties -> "Use the following DNS server addresses"
I didnt knew this, thank you

Back