BSNL or Jio FTTH- Which one is better for gaming?

Which VPN you suggest for these sort of stuffs, i.e. testing? I use GoodbyeDPI (for blocked websites and likes, as there are plenty on Hathway) and/ or Green Tunnel (but this one sometimes consumes the total bandwith, so I prefer the former) and I have noticed better pings with either of them, but I am not sure, it could be a placebo.

Just a mini review of airtel: I took their Xstream fiber on 2nd Aug., with so much hope as I have heard nothing but praises for airtel. This is a LCO provided connection in my town, but as I was told airtel backend is same for both LCO and Direct cities routing would be same. Now three weeks later, here I am writing this, this is the worst routing I have ever seen. Pings to Mumbai, SGP and Frankfurt CS servers are completely ridiculous. I was not able properly for a single day on EU servers. Pings were hovering over around 190 ms, whereas with Hathway I was able to get 150-160 on good days. SIngapore too, I am getting above 80 with airtel, whereas it was in range of 65-70 with Hathway. I am not even sure what the hell is wrong with them. Maybe they just don't care about LCO connections, or it is how it is over here in Kolkata and adjacent areas. I have reported many times, all the complaints were resolved within 24 hours automatically. Finally after much effort, I have been able to get a reference no. from them against my disconnection request. Even for that they took more than 5 days and several emails and tweets.

Therefore, if anyone lives near the Uttarpara, Hind Motor, Konnagar or Serampore area and thinking about taking on airtel, please stay far away from it. If you don't care about latency at all, you may consider it. Speeds are stable enough and there was no downtime. But please don't take the Sercomm router they give. This router is comical.

Now I am off to try Jio Fiber. I am told that there's a site called Looking glass which shows estimated latencies. I tired it and it shows decent latency results to the servers I play at. But main question remains, will the actual usage experience be on par with the results of Looking glass?

Looking glass is a type of software, used for monitoring networks. You'll need to check what the site you used was actually checking, whether it was actually pinging an eu ip with a jio ip.

Huh? I just entered the EU server's IP on Jio's LG site and checked ping. But I am still using airtel, so I am not sure whether that has anything to do with the results! I am asking whether these results will match in real life when I take on Jio's connection.

Attachments

• LG.PNG
    LG.PNG
    117.5 KB · Views: 94
Fair enough, that should give you a realistic estimate. Unless their last mile networks are completely ****ed up, which is possible due to overselling capacity.

Edit: lol this server has a problem with the f word?

Back