BSOD whenever I start gaming

I understand your situation, Quality of everything degraded over time.
Last week I bought a MSI mobo and trying to fix a issue - One of a Pcie slot didn't detects my sound card after cold boot, however it works when I swap from other pcie slot and softboot or reset it.
after troubleshooting everything for last 3-4 days, I reached to the conclusion something isn't right with Bios code.
My situation is even different , what to do when you don't 've service center in your city, taking it to 70kms is these times is another stress moreover it's BIOS issue which can't be resolved with a replacement.
Such poor programming skills.
just because of this issue I need to plug it in other Pcie slot near my GPU which is now running 10-12C hotter. :laughing:

Most likely your problem should be resolved with new mobo, if not then we'll restart the loop from GPU :laughing:
You should talk to the MSI helpline. Motherboard manufacturers are known to make custom bios if they find incompatibility with certain hardware.

You should talk to the MSI helpline. Motherboard manufacturers are known to make custom bios if they find incompatibility with certain hardware.
I know this but if I initiate a service request they 'll start from the scratch and ask me to do this then this then this blah blah,
I talked to one of them. I even confirmed the model of ram I'm using is already in manufacturer's certified list but trust me that executive got adamant claiming it's fine , saying sir you need 5300Mhz ram for it.
:laughing:

Yes I thought of doing that it would be lot faster. But RMA all together has 2 drawbacks.

1) RMA-ing good components which are working perfect is not good as they give you refurbished, repaired or B grade replacement stock. I think only AMD gives you brand new CPU which is meant to be sold at store shelves rest all companies give you open box re-tested/repaired stuff.
2) You will never know what was the issue. So just for learning purpose it's good to do 1 by 1 even though it's lot more time consuming
Point taken.....if you can, take your gpu or other hardware to your friend if you can to check...whatever part that can be tested and rule out

Point taken.....if you can, take your gpu or other hardware to your friend if you can to check...whatever part that can be tested and rule out
Dont have any friend near by with AMD PC, that's the reason I RMA'd. If I knew anyone I would have tested on his PC every part 1 by 1 instead of wasting time RMA-ing every component.

These type of things are frustrating.....i myself did rma of my mobo and cpu at same time....speakers were not getting detected from rear or front jack but didn't know if it was mobo or cpu...and still don't know if it was mobo or cpu.

Yesterday I replaced my motherboard. So here is the summary :
1) When I changed GPU 1.5 months ago, problem was still same.
2) After that when I changed PSU 1 month ago the BSOD problem went away but freezing/stutters was still there
3) Then I changed CPU 3 weeks ago and after that freezing was gone but there was stutters still the same.
4) Then I changed Motherboard this week, now stutters are the only issue but they are reduced by 80%.

So what should I change next ? RAM, GPU or SSD ?

And is it possible that every component in my PC was fried all at same time because of old PSU or bad mobo ?
Because every time I change one component the issue gets fixed by a small percentage.

Yesterday I replaced my motherboard. So here is the summary :
1) When I changed GPU 1.5 months ago, problem was still same.
2) After that when I changed PSU 1 month ago the BSOD problem went away but freezing/stutters was still there
3) Then I changed CPU 3 weeks ago and after that freezing was gone but there was stutters still the same.
4) Then I changed Motherboard this week, now stutters are the only issue but they are reduced by 80%.

So what should I change next ? RAM, GPU or SSD ?

And is it possible that every component in my PC was fried all at same time because of old PSU or bad mobo ?
Because every time I change one component the issue gets fixed by a small percentage.

Can you elaborate what do you consider as stuttering? In-game only? or during windows operations too?

Can you elaborate what do you consider as stuttering? In-game only? or during windows operations too?
In game or running any video intensive task. Also in benchmark like super position, heaven, furmark.

Stutter is like everything freezes/pause for a micro second then resumes. It's very less now after motherboard change but it's still notificable.

In game or running any video intensive task. Also in benchmark like super position, heaven, furmark.

Stutter is like everything freezes/pause for a micro second then resumes. It's very less now after motherboard change but it's still notificable.
Are you taxing your GPU (or CPU/RAM?)more than it can handle? If that is the case, stuttering may be expected.

Also, not very likely the cause of the issues, is the quality of power that your home gets is good? Do you often see regular fluctuations?

Are you taxing your GPU (or CPU/RAM?)more than it can handle? If that is the case, stuttering may be expected.

Also, not very likely the cause of the issues, is the quality of power that your home gets is good? Do you often see regular fluctuations?
Power is good here, also have APC UPS brand new.

In games only GPU reaches 95-99% , CPU max 60%, RAM 60% usage or so.
Not overclocking, everything on stock settings. If GPU can't handle it will make your FPS lower but it will be constant it wont go from 100fps to 1fps then 100fps again and again.

If GPU can't handle it will make your FPS lower but it will be constant it wont go from 100fps to 1fps then 100fps again and again.
I sometimes get the above on a few games, mainly in cut scenes, on a 1080Ti at 1080p, even though my GPU isn't hitting the max load capacity.

Sometimes, its just the game. (Especially if the game is not a legit copy :p )

I sometimes get the above on a few games, mainly in cut scenes, on a 1080Ti at 1080p, even though my GPU isn't hitting the max load capacity.

Sometimes, its just the game. (Especially if the game is not a legit copy :p )
It's in all games on steam and epic.

Also how then everything was working fine for 2 years and problem just started 2 months ago on same hardware.

Also how then everything was working fine for 2 years and problem just started 2 months ago on same hardware.
The above point is valid. SSD is unlikely to be the issue as you tried a different HDD. And its unlikely that all your Ram modules are bad. I'm struggling to find what the issue could be, here. Very tricky

Waiting for the new mobo, most likely it's the motherboard but how about fresh installation of some previous version of windows, as it was working fine since last 2 yrs, may be some new update caused this. issue.

Waiting for the new mobo, most likely it's the motherboard but how about fresh installation of some previous version of windows, as it was working fine since last 2 yrs, may be some new update caused this. issue.
I got replaced motherboard (plz read my post above) and it fixed issue but 80% but not entirely. Also I have tested on older version of Win10 but no help.
I have sent GPU For RMA again today, lets see when I get it back.
If same issue then next in line is RAM then SSD then burn the PC :mad::mad:

I got replaced motherboard (plz read my post above) and it fixed issue but 80% but not entirely. Also I have tested on older version of Win10 but no help.
I have sent GPU For RMA again today, lets see when I get it back.
If same issue then next in line is RAM then SSD then burn the PC :mad::mad:
It's OK to sent GPU for rma as you were doubtful about it moreover GPU temperatures are still above normal.

It's OK to sent GPU for rma as you were doubtful about it moreover GPU temperatures are still above normal.
GPU temps are always under 70C even in heavy gaming.
I have already replaced GPU 1.5 months ago as it had 1 bad fan & I also thought that maybe my PC is crashing/stuttering coz of the gpu also. But BSOD was due to bad PSU. When I changed CPU I didn't see any change in issue. But replaced motherboard fixed stutter issue by 80%.
So maybe I got bad GPU as replacement.
If not then I am not sure what else can be done.

Back